Poppies

Why, I can second that, goddess! Here's a cheer for the Chaseman! :cheer: He definitely should post some stuff!!!

I admire your poppy shots here....they are beautiful.... :D

So what equipment did you use to get these?

I think they are very nice. The diffuse look makes them seem very much like a painting. I like them all.

Ok...she pushed me to it...be gentle! :)

normal_spectator.jpg

poppy1.jpg

poppy3.jpg

poppy4.jpg

poppy5.jpg

ksmattfish said:
So what equipment did you use to get these?

I think they are very nice. The diffuse look makes them seem very much like a painting. I like them all.

Canon 10D, 28-80mm, some no filter, some with close up filter and on the really orangy/red ones... an intensifier filter. Most exposures at 75mm, 1/750, f5.6. I am REALLY bad at taking notes. :(

Chase said:
Don't know why you don't post more often. They are lovely shots. Photogoddess you should go on more photo shoots with him if that's what it takes for him to post anything. :wink:

Harpper said:
Chase said:
Don't know why you don't post more often. They are lovely shots. Photogoddess you should go on more photo shoots with him if that's what it takes for him to post anything. :wink:

He does take great shots! I am amazed that he got a photo of that prairie dog. That little guy had his head out for a millisecond - Chase must have some lightening quick reflexes. :)

I will be doing everything I can to drag him out on more photo excursions. (consider this fair warning Chase :whip: ) It's was really nice to be able to share the whole photography experience with a fellow photo-nut. It just motivates you to take a better picture - Sometimes in a place that you wouldn't have gone by yourself. Next stop - Zion. Woo Hoo! :cheer: (Terri, are you still stowing away?)

We should certainly have one or two photos to post after 4 days in Zion :D

You guys were lucky to have poppies. They never really bloomed here.. too hot :roll:

Trust me, there weren't many here either.

We were hoping to see hillsides full of them, but only got a sprinkling of them along the roadside. I think we made the best of them though :)

Most reactions

Back