Poppin' my cherry

d_the_sandman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

This is my virgin post on this board. My name's Mike a.k.a. The Sandman. I've been watching ya'll from the shadows for a couple weeks now...waiting until I got my first 35mm SLR in the mail so I could join the forum. I finally got it (Canon Elan 7n) but they sent me the wrong lense!

But I shot a roll with the lense anyway before sending it back...and I figured I'd use these for my first post. Just remember...there's a reason why I sent the lense back. Don't be shy...give me some feedback on 'em.

AAA014A2.jpg

AAA002A.jpg

AAA005A2.jpg

AAA015A2.jpg

AAA004A2.jpg

Hopefully, I'll get my new lense in the mail by next week so I can show yall what I can do.

Welcome to the Forum!
Always glad to have another Texan on board! :mrgreen:

Is that you or a friend in the photos?

Nice shots though, I like the last one's perspective :)

edit: Very nice camera btw! :D :thumbup:

i really like the last one :) the top half of him kind of blends into the background though, maybe next time with an all white or light colored jacket

Welcome in sandman.
Love the perspective of you shots.

d_the_sandman said:
Hopefully, I'll get my new lense in the mail by next week so I can show yall what I can do.
Get that lens, show me more!

Lol, your thread title and your first pic had me worried for a moment :mrgreen: You did good with B&W, I really suck at it, keep it up...and welcome, im a newbie to.

Thanks for all the feedback, everybody. Keep it comin'.

P.S.- There's a huge protest going on outside right now (I work across the street from the capitol) and I can't take any shots because I have no lense...missed oppurtunities.

Welcome to the forums!! If you can shoot like that with the wrong lens..I can only imagine what we'll see when you get the right one. :D

Welcome to the forum yo! Like Little Man said, another Texas is always good :)

Your style is very nice. And I must say, excellent Camera choice :) Just got my Elan 7n a couple of weeks ago :)

Zach :D

aggiezach said:
Welcome to the forum yo! Like Little Man said, another Texas is always good :)

Zach :D

We're taking over! Thanks Zach.

I'll forgive you for being an aggie, though. :lol:

Any more feedback?

The scratches and spots on the shots are due to the H.E.B. cd I pulled them off of...I don't have a scanner yet. I should have fixed them up a little first, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back