Porch days are over

PhotoriousMe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Porch time is over. Just the faint sounds of past pleasures in the wind is all that's left. I have driven past this old abandoned house many times and now I finally stopped to capture a few shots of it before it is gone.
Abandoned house B&W.jpg

Sad - it's a beautiful old house.

There's something funky happening in the bottom right corner, next to the porch, and also at the top right, where the stone meets the roof.

There's something funky happening in the bottom right corner, next to the porch, and also at the top right, where the stone meets the roof.

I had added a white vignette but probably not enough to get the proper effect.

I had added a white vignette but probably not enough to get the proper effect.

I'm not sure it's a matter of not enough, but look closely at that bottom right corner. It looks like there were probably some spots of sun on those branches and then the white vignette on top of that just burns all the info out of the bright spots and leaves funky-looking grey branches. I'd play some more with that vignette - maybe not make it a more traditional darker vignette or something.

I like it but...I would either leave it very much a photograph or, go even further than you did and make it look more like a pen and ink sketch.
just a thought

Decided to change the PP to a straight B&W conversion. I like it much better now.

Porch B&W.jpg

Most reactions

Back