Portable Backdrop Kit

raeraespike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been using a hand-me-down kit that is appox. 3-4 years old. I'm now looking to upgrade to something sturdier, more easily transportable, and in the price range of $300-$500. Only need black and white backgrounds. Can anyone recommend a good brand or online store, or advice on which brands to avoid?

Thanks for your help!

What exactly are you looking for?

A background support kit can be bought for around $100. I got one from Amvona that is quite sturdy although not of the highest quality. It came with it's own travel bag and it packs up quite nicely. Manfrotto makes a nice kit for a little more but there are several others that looks good as well.

Do you need backdrops? Fabric or paper or something else?

What exactly? Something that I can take to weddings with me as an "extra". I do not mind spending the money on it, as I want it to be of good quality and easy to use. Maybe I don't need to spend as much as I think I do? I only use black and white backdrops and always fabric. Thanks for the help...I'll check the two places you mentioned.

You set up Black & White backdrops at weddings?

Yup. At the reception site, more for fun than anything. People LOVE it. Not only do I take the usual "formal" shots but at some point during the day we do a few usuing the backdrops as well. And then throughout the day a lot of family members and friends will ask me to get a few shots here and there. It's become a really popular thing for me lately....

Most reactions

Back