Portable Power Source

j4z_sn4pz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry if this has been discussed.. I couldn't find any good sources on the site. If someone wants to redirect me to something good.. that'd be great!

Otherwise I was wondering if anyone can vouch for this power supply:

Schumacher PORTABLE POWER CHARGER 22 Amp/Hour BATTERY : eBay Motors (item 390173720944 end time Mar-29-10 19:30:54 PDT)

I want to be able to hook up work lights for outdoor shoots @ night.

It's the cheapest way for outdoor light as far as I know, and i'm looking for something to power them if my extension cord doesn't reach any nearby outlets.

If there are any better ones then this, please also tell me.

Also, i'm up for any suggestion for night time shots.

Thanks!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You say 'work lights'...so is this for lights just to light up the work area, or are you actually wanting to use 'work lights' as light for your photos?

You will get a lot more light for your buck, with strobe/flash type lights.

Creative lighting!!!

If you are going to buy big work lights for a night shoot, then just wait until daylight. The whole point of shooting at night is to get the effect of night photography.

Strobe it or flash it. Don't just light it!

Creative lighting!!!

If you are going to buy big work lights for a night shoot, then just wait until daylight. The whole point of shooting at night is to get the effect of night photography.

:er: But regardless of what you use, flash or constant, you're still lighting up your subject.

Can't afford the strobes just yet. I already have the work lights, and just need to power them.

my lighting:

lighting.JPG

Last edited:
My concern would be that I don't think the battery would last too long running those lights. They are what...500W each?

My concern would be that I don't think the battery would last too long running those lights. They are what...500W each?
Correct. For night time use I would probably just use one work light and flash on my camera.

Creative lighting!!!

:er: But regardless of what you use, flash or constant, you're still lighting up your subject.

Dang... you got me there!

Correct. For night time use I would probably just use one work light and flash on my camera.
The color temp of those lights and your flash, are probably going to be pretty different.

They're pretty close, the work lights i got have 2 settings. one is a dim yellow and one is a very bright white.

Most reactions

Back