Portfolio help?

nickorto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum and was looking to see if I could get some help organizing a portfolio. I'm currently a student at a fine arts school for photography but my personal work tends to levitate towards a couple of different avenues. I am very interested in portraiture/editorial/fashion work as well as the commercial/advertising industry. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to create a more coherent portfolio to showcase? Should I break it into two separate portfolios for the two subjects? Anything helps! I'm very open minded and would love to chat

Multiple portfolios. Commercial/advertising is way different than portrait. Take the portfolio you need with you. Always lead with your best photo and end with your second-best photo.

I am not sure that editorial and fashion are compatible with portrait work. I would have a different portfolio for that as well

Multiple portfolios. Commercial/advertising is way different than portrait. Take the portfolio you need with you. Always lead with your best photo and end with your second-best photo.

I am not sure that editorial and fashion are compatible with portrait work. I would have a different portfolio for that as well
Thats curious, what exactly is different between fashion and portrait work

Thats curious, what exactly is different between fashion and portrait work

Fashion looks at a product that is supported by what ever attributes
the model(s) should bring in.

Portrait reveals, declines personalities through its zillions possibilities
where clothes and accessories are used only in support.

Newfilm, Geenphoto is correct. A portfolio should be 8-12 images, book-ended with your best photos and going weaker to the middle with your weakest shot in the middle.
If you're in a photography program I'm surprised it doesn't offer a class on just portfolio development but it's probably more toward the end of the curriculum(upper division) when you can understand it better. If not, get some help with it from an instructor you're comfortable with...., and don't forget to take them an apple!!! Lol
SS

Most reactions

Back