Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
D850
f/8.0
ISO 64
1/320Sec.
50 mm - f/1.8G

(Processed In LR (Using Serge Ramelli Presets) & Color Efex Pro 4).

Image received an HDR treatment, composed of ten (10) images of varying ISO & Shutter Speed.

20180919-untitled-76-HDR-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

Hi Guys,

I re-cropped the image, I think this version is a much stronger image...would love know what you think?

20180919-untitled-76-HDR-Edit-2.jpg

Thanks!

Enezdez

The crop is different, but not markedly stronger than the original version. What do I think? I LOVE the idea, I do. And I get it. The title is a solid title for the image. Overall, okay, but it feels unbalanced..too much right-leaning, not enough space for the portholes to lean into. To me, there is not enough space on the right hand side, for the portholes to lean into, and it feels as if the sculpture is too far to the right of the image's vertical centerline.

Processing seems a slight bit heavy-handed to me. I assume the scene is still there. I think a camera placement farther to the right would have made this a 100% score.

The crop is different, but not markedly stronger than the original version. What do I think? I LOVE the idea, I do. And I get it. The title is a solid title for the image. Overall, okay, but it feels unbalanced..too much right-leaning, not enough space for the portholes to lean into. To me, there is not enough space on the right hand side, for the portholes to lean into, and it feels as if the sculpture is too far to the right of the image's vertical centerline.

Processing seems a slight bit heavy-handed to me. I assume the scene is still there. I think a camera placement farther to the right would have made this a 100% score.

@Derrel It took me a while (lol) but I see what you are saying & yes I agree (it's the difference between a nice image & a winning image)...

Thanks!

@enezdez looked at this a couple of times now. I see some of what Derrel is saying but to me the mass of your focal point is top loaded making the whole image seem off. I played around with it a little and think you might benefit from a square crop on this one. Crop it just below the legs, putting the left leaning leg pointing into the bottom left corner. Doing so seems to anchor the image to the bottom, and gives that space on the right Derrel mentioned. On the processing, this is a strong, strong subject, but is lacking the midtones that would it make pop.

I took most of @smoke665 advice and with his help I came up with this version... @smoke665 showed me how to make points & manipulate the tonal curve. Thank You Again!!!

20180919-untitled-76-HDR-Edit-3.jpg

So what do you guys think now? And thanks!

I took most of @smoke665 advice and with his help I came up with this versio

Oh no :aiwebs_016: at least it wasn't all. LOL

I do prefer the square crop and having the legs at the bottom.

Great image, I do prefer the final crop but very nice shot to begin with. :encouragement:

Most reactions

Back