You will love it. It's a very artistic community in Portland. Are you going to be studying at PNCA?
Thanks for the comments!
Yes, I will be studying at PNCA! :thumbup:
My two best freinds up here are in the process of transferring over, and so I took a look at it last Saturday, talked to various people for about 2 1/2 hours, got a ton of information and really enjoyed my visit. I'm going back this Saturday to turn in my application, portfolio, talk to more people, and all the other things I need done so I can get the ball rolling for my transfer from the Art Institutes here in Seattle. I finally got fed up with the complete BS that this joke of a school is. If anyone reading this is considering going to AIS,
DON'T. You're wasting time and money. The Art Institutes is all about making a buck. PNCA is affiliated with the Portland art gallery so it's non-profit and all the money you put in goes to your education, not someone's pocket. You can literally do anything you want that the school offers, any classes, use any of the facilities, ANYTHING. There is only about 350 students
in the entire school and the student council has the largest budget over anything the school has, so if the school wants to buy anything, the students need to approve of it first. There is just so much more that PNCA offers, it's not even funny. I feel like a complete dumbass finishing half of the AA photo degree program here at AIS instead of just going to Portland. The worst part about it is that I knew about PNCA before I moved off to school, I thought the Art Institutes was was better than they are, but they're not.