..:: Portrait against dark backdrop ::..

Mersad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mersad-photography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wanted to bring out the face in this one a lot so we used a dark backdrop. Hope you will like it.

jasminaportraitkl2.jpg

Off-camera, soft, broad lighting would have helped this immensely. You can definitely tell this was shot with a pretty harsh, small light source. Hair light/kicker as well because even though you're featuring the face with a dark background, it still helps to give some definition of the subject if you have a background at all. In post, I would have healed out the small white bit on the underside of the tip of her nose as well.

Off-camera, soft, broad lighting would have helped this immensely. You can definitely tell this was shot with a pretty harsh, small light source. Hair light/kicker as well because even though you're featuring the face with a dark background, it still helps to give some definition of the subject if you have a background at all. In post, I would have healed out the small white bit on the underside of the tip of her nose as well.

What he said. It looks very "flashy" and harsh. Pretty girl though.

Thanks for the comments. I agree with you about the lightning. This wasn't a serious shoot. The girl on the pic is my sister and we were just trying things out with the camera. I think it's not a complete disaster, right?

Pretty model and I think that you can take good portraits, some amendments and will be great. I like that smile ;-)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back