Portrait C&C

Diddy2theJJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all, here are my latest portrait shots. I would love come C&C. Thanks!

zm_di_hanzal-9162.jpg

zm_di_hanzal-9187.jpg

zm_di_hanzal-9277-2.jpg

zm_di_hanzal-9411.jpg

zm_di_hanzal-9442.jpg

zm_di_hanzal-9587-2.jpg

zm_di_hanzal-9722.jpg

Last edited:
Hi the first and last image is my faves.I'm no expert but I think the one with the girl on the shoulder.I would have got the little girl in focus and the rest defused as I find I'm drawn to the the ear and the hand.Don't realy know what you are trying to show in that one.No6 the black and white on my monitor looks a bit blown.I think it's a cracking picture if you could tone it down a little bit.

Hey, I appreciate the input! I was kind of going for the blown out look on that one, but maybe it is a bit too much. Here's the color version of that one....

zm_di_hanzal-9277.jpg

As far as the one of her hand, I didn't notice the ear was that prominent. I was going for the hand if focus. They were calling her princess etc and the pink nails kind of caught my eye and I felt it kind of told a story. But very good point on the ear...maybe i can tone that area down a bit.

I like them. Maybe pp out some stray hairs on the little girl and the scab on her elbow?

also, the one with the little girl on the shoulder, i would have focused on her instead of the hand as well

Wow, that looks like a fun shoot.. I like all of these except the Duke jerseys, :p

I agree with the commentor above on the PP out some stray hair and the scab of the little girls also the Sepia(?) of the couple seems really heavily white.. maybe its just me but seemed to be drowning..

Cheers.

These are lovely:) I wanted to point out one thing though - In the image with the little girl on the shoulder, you have a very very strong greenish yellow cast on her face. You should be able to edit out the cast and get a more natural skin tone:)

i really like them. you captured good moments,

did you use off camera lightning or only available light?

Great suggestions guys, thanks! I appreciate the compliments as well.

I used available light for these. I had a few shots that I used a reflector on, but the ones I ended up liking best were the ones that I shot in the shade with natural light.

My reflector actually ended up being the "toy" that helped the kids to start having fun. They were in the mood for photos and that seemed to be the turning point...so never underestimate the power of a reflector! :)

R.D., I wondered if some might comment on the jerseys haha. About the sepia pic, I've really been experimenting with different styles and higher contrasts lately. I guess you could call it a phase :)

I'm interested on everyone's opinion on it as well....I kind of like it because it's different and not the same old sepia tone pic you see all the time, but I would love to hear some other input on it as. Thanks!

R.D., I wondered if some might comment on the jerseys haha. About the sepia pic, I've really been experimenting with different styles and higher contrasts lately. I guess you could call it a phase :)

I'm interested on everyone's opinion on it as well....I kind of like it because it's different and not the same old sepia tone pic you see all the timeQUOTE]

Because it is unlike the common I would purchase that type of shot for me and my wife.. So maybe you are on to something there..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back