Portrait of a friend.

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
rollerboarding2afta822070.jpg

what do you all think?

have any post processing tools?
Id try to play around with your color & contrast :)
and a crop.
the bricks are slightly dull and he doesnt pop well.
i have a big problem like this myself that others have pointed out to help me, since i love bricks as backgrounds.
maybe something like this :

rollerboarding2afta822070.jpg

The last version is nice and give a special feel to the photo!

thankyouall
for your comments and critique, christina I personally like you're version better than mine, good work. Do you use ps? Because I actually don't have it and really need to get it soon.

-and to thebrainchild, I was thinking about cropping it but wanted to get comments first, thanks though.

Portrait..

i would loose the wall area on the left and shoot him above the waist. also I love to see eye detail in a
Portrait.

I think there's too much space around him even on the second cut. I think the look on his face tells a tale and should be in the forefront. I'm no whiz with PP, but here's an attempt.

rollerboarding2afta822070_edited-1.jpg

If he's cropped above the waist, I actually don't mind all the wall to the left. Here's my noobie attempt at playing with the shot:

rollerboarding2afta822070II.jpg

I like his "don't care" expression but feel like he should "pop" from the background more. Try some burning effects - usually helps. Otherwise, nice shot.

side lighting would have really helped in this situation. looks really flat. also, what focal length was it? That might have contributed.

Thing is I wasn't really going out to shoot a portrait of him, we were going up to the top of a school so I could shoot a foot portrait for an assignment and he was going to make sure I didn't fall off the edge. As we were climbing down the school I was just like...hey dude get up against this wall and pose, and he just did it.

btw I'm about to make a thread with the foot portrait so you can all see it.

and thanks for all the help guys.

Not a bad capture - but I have a few suggestions;

1) What if your friend was to wear a shirt with more detail on it - like with a word embroided (as opposed to printed) on top - perhaps a casual shirt with chest pockets on it and some other details on it.

2) If possible, pick the corner of a brick wall, with the extreme left (or right) looking into a street.

3) Definitely a black and white shot - this would pick details out a lot more, especially of the brick wall and any shirt your friend is wearing as well as his features.

4) The soft focus may because you are at the maximum focal length and/or the widest aperture whilst not being far enough away, does changing any of those help at all?

Oh look, I'm giving away my own ideas now!!!

This is not a dig at your photo, just some advice to improve it.

Hope this helps.

Not a bad capture - but I have a few suggestions;

1) What if your friend was to wear a shirt with more detail on it - like with a word embroided (as opposed to printed) on top - perhaps a casual shirt with chest pockets on it and some other details on it.

2) If possible, pick the corner of a brick wall, with the extreme left (or right) looking into a street.

3) Definitely a black and white shot - this would pick details out a lot more, especially of the brick wall and any shirt your friend is wearing as well as his features.

4) The soft focus may because you are at the maximum focal length and/or the widest aperture whilst not being far enough away, does changing any of those help at all?

Oh look, I'm giving away my own ideas now!!!

This is not a dig at your photo, just some advice to improve it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks man I'll try some of those :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back