Portrait of Me

Matthew Macomber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.macomberfilms.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Self photography is hard enough, especially when trying to stay professional about it. Since I'm usually the one behind the camera, rather than in front, very few photos exist of myself. I needed one for my site though, so I gave it a shot. I'm sure I fit in with a large crowd of people who find it weird scrutinizing themselves in photos!

DSC05333_out.JPG

Hello Matt and welcome to the forum

There is a lot of 'stuff' in the backround of your portrait which is distracting.
Also, it is somewhat dark.

Nice smile though.:mrgreen:

Your site about photography or mechanics then, looks like a workshop. Self portraits present many difficulties, my old tutor reckoned you should do one often, I've done several over the years and only like one, the rest are all too moody, yours seems OK but I'm not too fond of the straight on look and you could have done with a modeling/hair light placed higher up and a stop or two over your main/key. H

Hello Matt and welcome to the forum

There is a lot of 'stuff' in the backround of your portrait which is distracting.
Also, it is somewhat dark.

Nice smile though.:mrgreen:

i agree with pbe on this one. a simpler background would serve you much better. this photo could use some fill light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back