What's new

Portrait of my niece (C&C Please)

mrdean2

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 26, 2009
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
Lexington, KY
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have attached a photo I took of my young niece beside a pumpkin. It is one of my favorite photos I have taken with my new DSLR, but I would like to hear some ideas on how it could be better.

The photo was taken with a Nikon D40, f/3.5, 1/50 shutter, ISO 800, 19mm focus. After importing into Lightroom I added some slight vignetting and boosted the sharpness. Thanks in advance for taking the time to critique the photo.
 

Attachments

  • $Piper Pumpkin1.webp
    $Piper Pumpkin1.webp
    127.8 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Is it just me, or is there no image?
 
looks to be a little on the soft side, for me a big improvement would be to have more of her and less of the trees. she just seems so small in comparison to the entirety of the frame.
 
I often like the concept of making the person rather small in the frame and leaving a large amount of negative space. I'm not sure if it works here though, mainly because there is a little too much going on in the background. If the background were a little less interesting it might be even better.

I personally think it looks rather sharp (though to be honest lightroom's sharpening is really not very good) but the pumpkin looks a little funny to me. I guess it almost looks like porcelain.

I like the shot though.. good job.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom