Portrait of my youngest....

mrpink

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot with my Nikkor 105mm VR Micro, quickly becoming my "go to" portrait lens- this shot shows why....

DSC_2828ww by Matt Francosky, on Flickr

Natural light, nothing setup. I did have to clean some boogers out of her nose in PP. Also, gave the shot an aged look- I like it.

p!nK

She is adorable...and the photo shot is beautiful.

She is beautiful. Do you know the comparable lens for the Nikon D3100. I am a newbie. Bought my camera yesterday to capture my daughters life :)

She is beautiful. Do you know the comparable lens for the Nikon D3100. I am a newbie. Bought my camera yesterday to capture my daughters life :)

You can get that same lens, Nikkor is the name Nikon uses for its lenses. The lens he uses would work just fine with your camera.

^^ Thank You!! I came in her to edit my post bc I realized a Nikon was used :lol: Like I said, Im new.:lmao: I am learning a lot on here and you all are very helpful:thumbup:

The price tag on the 105 VR might be a bit of a shock to a first time shooter, they go for just under $1k (worth every penny for sure). A good first lens purchase is the 35mm 1.8 AF-S, it can be had for around $200 and would be great for low light photos of your daughter.

If the 105mm is in your budget, I highly recommend it.

A SB-600 is another item I have found to be invaluable for photographing children of any age.

You can check out my flickr for other photos of my two daughters.... Flickr: Matt Francosky's Photostream

p!nK

Most reactions

New Topics

Back