Portrait of Tara (Powershot s95)

disjecta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, I'm new here but not new to photography. My main camera is a Canon 5D Mark II but I recently got a s95 and this is one of the first shots I've taken with it.

I used two silver-domed hardware store work lights. One camera right on the model's face and the other to illuminate the back wall. I also did some texture work in Photoshop.

5293935701_75170818ba_z.jpg

Great treatment. A nice break from the average snapshot. Is the redness in the eyes intentional... like the portrait is part of a story? I kind of like that aspect of the image.

Thanks. I left the red in her eyes because it added an emotional element to her expression. I had a version with it cleaned up and it somehow felt more stylized and distant.

Thanks. I left the red in her eyes because it added an emotional element to her expression. I had a version with it cleaned up and it somehow felt more stylized and distant.

I like the red, especially with the moistness in the lower lids. It makes for a more emotionally charged image.

S95's rock. I have been wanting to try some portraiture with mine, thanks for sharing.

p!nK

Simply stunning! Just don't like the shadow in the nose. :-/

I have an S95 but have not used it for portraits yet...I may be a little more motivated to try now! Looks great and I think the texture works very well with the mood.

This shot does not need Visine. Well done.

Very impressive shot. Excellent focus, lighting, and catch of the expression.

Most reactions

Back