Portrait photography and Working with models?

As I approach my 20th class reunion, I was just thinking about all the "girl" opportunities I passed up on for being a chicken. There was one girl in particular that I KNEW was into me and I was into her, but I never got the courage to ask her out.

Photography advice aside, don't be me. I have absolutely zero lifelong scars from being rejected when I was younger. I don't know why I feared it so much. It's the regret of not acting that sticks around forever. If you pass on this opportunity because of the advice from the photographers in this thread, that's one thing. But don't pass on the opportunity because you're nervous about asking a girl. Just do it.

Google and Youtube is your best friends here, there are many tutorials. Just search like girls portrait photography tips...you can take a class as a long term solution

Study the differing face and body shapes women have and how best to photograph each combination.
There are a variety of lighting and posing techniques that work best with each face/body type.
The big challenge is posing and lighting to minimize perceived flaws like a not so attractive nose, a double chin, uneven eyes, love handles, etc.

There is also a difference between directing and posing a subject.
Keeping your conversation with the model professional and about making the photographs will help establish a good reputation for yourself.
Photographing Women: Posing, Lighting, and Shooting Techniques for Portrait and Fashion Photography
Picture Perfect Posing: Practicing the Art of Posing for Photographers and Models (Voices That Matter)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back