Portrait/Wedding Workshops?

lissthis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had some portrait/wedding photography workshops that they could recommend? I live in the depths of Alaska, so we don't have many (and by that I mean any) workshops. Location doesn't really matter since I'll be needing to fly to the location, but I'm looking for a 2-4 day workshop. I'm really interested in learning more about light, posing, and night photography. Thanks so much!

Lissthis,
Check the national chains. Calumet has workshops all the time as does B&H. I would also check individual photographers - many professionals will hold seminars and extended classes. Google or Bing "Photography workshops in ________" and see what you come up with. If you have a few others that are as adventurous as you, you might find an instructor that will hold a special class for your group. Also check summer college classes or continuing education in a nearby state. You never know! Good Luck

This is a workshop I am trying to get into. It is like winning the lottery to get in though. She only has them every once in awhile, and she post about them very randomly. She is one of my favorite wedding photogs.
Blog - Susan Stripling

This is a workshop I am trying to get into. It is like winning the lottery to get in though. She only has them every once in awhile, and she post about them very randomly. She is one of my favorite wedding photogs.
Blog - Susan Stripling

I can see why she's a favorite. Her work is magnificent

The photography school that I teach for, does occasionally put on wedding workshops. The last one was in Canmore Alberta, so a little bit closer to you than anywhere in the US. But since you're willing to travel, your options are wide open.

This is a link to the blog post for last spring's workshop. I think they've had one since then, but didn't specifically make a blog post for it.

Home | creativeLIVE
Software training online-tutorials for Adobe, Microsoft, Apple & more

Both are pretty awesome and have workshops in just about every field online.
This! Register and get regular e-mail updates on their FREE seminars; they have some amazing tutorials & workshops available free.

agreed, found them lat year and have been trying to watch everything i can on all there diffrent classes. anywhere from 4 hour seminars to 5 day seminars, great stuff.

Most reactions

Back