Portraits in a city.. C&C

dzfoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dz-foto.lt
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had only an hour for doing this photo session. So not much photos goes here. Comments or critiques are welcome :)

dzfoto_10-vi438.jpg

dzfoto_32-vi123.jpg

dzfoto_38-vi.jpg

dzfoto_11-vi211.jpg

dzfoto_07-vi627.jpg

No 2 is perfect!

Can you please explain the equipment and lighting you used, plus any post-processing?

thanks

Thanks! I generaly use canon 5D, No.2 was shoot with Canon lense 70-200mm 2.8 IS @ 100mm, Shutter 1/300s, ISO 400, f. 2.8

Lighting is natural, I always use light bouncing from the walls or the buildings. Have no assistant to keep the reflectors, etc. So I am forced by natural light, and not forcing it by myself.
Postprocessing is simple, some more contrast, saturation, as canon in a lot of cases gives me dull colors. The skin was retouched a bit of making seperate layer with "median blur" and then apply of small amount opacity.
Hope you understand, because my english is not perfect :)

No 2 is perfect!

Can you please explain the equipment and lighting you used, plus any post-processing?

thanks

I always keep in mind visiting US. But its not an easy way to do it from Lithuania.

very nice!
so seriously, when are you coming to US? :)

Thanks! I generaly use canon 5D, No.2 was shoot with Canon lense 70-200mm 2.8 IS @ 100mm, Shutter 1/300s, ISO 400, f. 2.8

Lighting is natural, I always use light bouncing from the walls or the buildings. Have no assistant to keep the reflectors, etc. So I am forced by natural light, and not forcing it by myself.

Postprocessing is simple, some more contrast, saturation, as canon in a lot of cases gives me dull colors. The skin was retouched a bit of making seperate layer with "median blur" and then apply of small amount opacity.

Hope you understand, because my english is not perfect :)

Thanks so much for your explanation - - just what I was looking for.

I think your use of natural light really pays off - - your photos look naturally beautiful.

And your English is very good!

I like 2, it could be cropped even more.
I like 4 but crop that stuff off the left.
When shooting a girl with a face like that you can shoot CLOSE.
What a face.

wow those are great pics. Probably doesn't hurt that your subject is off the charts beautiful.

Very nice looking girl. She does look better however in profile or close to straight on as in photos #2 and 4, imho. The 3/4 angle makes her face look wider and I don't find them as appealing.

Also, I don't quite get the choice of clothes in #3. Doesn't go too well with the environment. Again, imho.

Other than that, your light is very nice. Your colors are very nice too. Not too flat but not too perky either; very natural looking. And your B&W conversion is very nice too.

Thanks!
I like 2, it could be cropped even more.
I like 4 but crop that stuff off the left.
When shooting a girl with a face like that you can shoot CLOSE.
What a face.

Thanks!
wow those are great pics. Probably doesn't hurt that your subject is off the charts beautiful.

Thanks!
Very nice looking girl. She does look better however in profile or close to straight on as in photos #2 and 4, imho. The 3/4 angle makes her face look wider and I don't find them as appealing.

Also, I don't quite get the choice of clothes in #3. Doesn't go too well with the environment. Again, imho.

Other than that, your light is very nice. Your colors are very nice too. Not too flat but not too perky either; very natural looking. And your B&W conversion is very nice too.

#2 is the greatest. Hands down. I'd kill for my skin to look like that in real life!

#2 isw my favorite portrait I have seen on this forum. I wouldn't change a thing!

I really enjoy this fine example of an isolation series...

#2 is awesome like others have mentioned, if I was forced to offer anything for it I would just maybe say a stop of two down to get her lips a little sharper..

#3, love the composure with the steps fading in then fading out, the concrete offers good contrast with her skin tone (and the wood). Only thing I could think to add would be maybe shot with her seducing the camera with her eyes :)

#4, Love it, I digg how the handrail takes her right to me... great shot.

#5 Beautiful...

Good job my friend......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back