Portraits of a friend

After somehow posting my reply on another Topic...

If I had not read the stuff about Jazz, I probably would of guessed some kind of darker music, maybe something a little classical, with a dark overtone... that is just what the images protray to me, Please dont take that the wrong way, cause I really do like these photos.
You were at a jazz club, so I would imagine the place would have some form of decoration on the wall, or maybe a bigger band section over to one side of the piano, that would lead me to come up to some other sumerization of the style of music that he plays. Not saying those things should of been in focus, but probably bokeh <sp> out but somthing to hint to his music style. Once again I really do like the images especially the last combination one.

Jazz can be dark, especially modern jazz, and much of it has a strong classical influence, so if that's what you felt when you saw these, then I guess that's good. The style of music he plays, and I enjoy playing as well, is not Glenn Miller swing stuff, nor is it Charlie Parker.

There are no decorations on the wall at this club that specifically make it look like a jazz club. I could have shown more of the stage, but it was very cluttered with music stands and mic stands, and I wanted to stay in tight on the piano and the player.

Thanks alot for your comments. I really appreciate it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back