Portraits of a friend

nakedyak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I haven't posted anything in a while, but I thought i'd just post a few that i thought turned out well. My friend Isaac is an aspiring young musician with dreams of a record contract and fame and all that. He has a cd and will have a website soon, so i told him i'd help him with some pictures for that and maybe for his headshot picture. I used either my 10D or 300D, i can't remember, and i used my Tokina 80-200mm 2.8 which is just gorgeous. Let me know what you think

Isaac5.jpg

Isaac3.jpg

Isaac4.jpg

Isaac2BW.jpg

Isaac1.jpg

i'm sure you'll have more then one or two responses... nice shots.. and that lens looks darn sweet.. cool dof's in all
#3 looks a very thoughtful pic
the one with the guitar in the field looks pretty dramatic :lol: .. i like it!
the last one is a very nice portrait..
i also like your b/w conversion.. i would go b/w for sure... love b/w / mono... how bout trying sepia?
compositionally i find #3 the strongest out of the lot
sorry for my very scattered comments...
nice pics
thanks for sharing
mansi

i like the second in that you show his 'free spirited' side. would like to hear his music.
wish his shirt wasn't blown.
nice series!

Very nice. I like the second and fourth shots. Nice!!

2, 3 and 4 are my choices of this series...beautiful DOF bokeh in the closer shots...that tokina must be a sweet lil puppy :thumbup:

The second shot shows a free-spirited nature and would make a nice insert for a CD mebbe.
The third is a well-composed and personal feeling portrait...really seems to reveal his character.
I like the relaxed feel of the BW and the lower contrast works well in this shot with the pleasing conversion tone.
In regards to the two vertical portraits...IMO they would benefit from a bit of cropping from the top to balance them out.
All in all an excellent series. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back