Portraits of my daughter

UncleRico

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

I'd appreciate some feedback on the pictures below, but first let me tell you about the setup.

I used a piece of white seamless paper for the backdrop. It was was lit from behind by natural light coming from my storm door. I had one strobe (alienbee b800) to the right of the camera (picture 45 degrees) at full power through a shoot through umbrella. I think the lighting gets darker to the left, despite the fact that my wife was holding a white reflector. I really think I just need another light. Both were shot at the following settings:

ISO 100
f5.6
1/250

This was the first time I shot in RAW, but I did not adjust too much. The whites are not as bright in the second photo as they are in the first one.

3213427239_329f1f6346.jpg

3214274914_be11ded088.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Ryan

Nice shots and cute kid. The white balance is off just a little bit I think which is bugging me.

Nice shots and cute kid. The white balance is off just a little bit I think which is bugging me.

Thanks, MGW. We were just playing around. I'll try to adjust the white balance a bit and see where that takes me.

Ryan

Colour caste isn't far off. I just tested using the tool in PS Elements and just using 'remove colour caste' and clicking on the background basically fixes it.

Colour caste isn't far off. I just tested using the tool in PS Elements and just using 'remove colour caste' and clicking on the background basically fixes it.

Thanks much. I'm new to elements, I'll have to look into that tool.

<ADDITION> Here's another. I used the remove color cast enhancement. I think it's better, but still room to improve. At least I learned something for next time!

3214686618_5e04925dda.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work. I think #2 could use a little more room under her elbow. Otherwise, they all look good.

I like those
sharp shots of a cute (and so photogenic!) kid

Nice work. I think #2 could use a little more room under her elbow. Otherwise, they all look good.

If I were you, I'd use that kid in promotions you're putting out. She does very well with the camera. Looks like a natural.

I like those
sharp shots of a cute (and so photogenic!) kid

Thanks for the comments. I totally agree about the elbow. I had to crop it since she was too close to the end of my paper roll.

She has a lot of fun in front of the camera. It's a good thing, since she's my only model :D

I've got a long ways to go before I would ever consider photography as a business, but thanks!

Ryan

Thanks much. I'm new to elements, I'll have to look into that tool.

<ADDITION> Here's another. I used the remove color cast enhancement. I think it's better, but still room to improve. At least I learned something for next time!

3214686618_5e04925dda.jpg

Oh I love this one. Her pose is perfect!!! What a picture of cuteness and childhood innocence! It is very well done, I love the sharpness and saturation of colors in both the red shirt and jeans. Nice work!

Nice shots!

Oh I love this one. Her pose is perfect!!! What a picture of cuteness and childhood innocence! It is very well done, I love the sharpness and saturation of colors in both the red shirt and jeans. Nice work!

Thanks. There were acutally several shots I liked from this weekend. She really had fun.

In the third image, I did use Elements to increase the saturation in the shirt.

Ryan

I like them nice work...............

Most reactions

Back