Portraits of People

I am not much of a portrait guy, but I really like this one of my great niece Sophie. K110D, SMC-M 50mm F1.4 @ F1.4 I believe....

imgp5618bm5.jpg

Here is another I shot at night, same lens, mounted on my K10D, lighting is from a spotlight we were using to play washers after dark, this was at ISO 1600, so it's a little noisy, but still liked the result..

imgp4657nonron9.jpg

Here are a few of mine...

Sketchy...
zoe_pencil_sketch_sm.jpg

I've since cleaned this one up a bit but I couldn't find the right link (cloned out the wayward thread and such...)
more_serious_5x7.jpg

This one sits on my desk at work constantly looking toward my 'todo list' on the wall <--- thattaway.

zoe_portrait_3_5x7.jpg

Two not of my daughter...

Casual, snapped at a Halloween event, the garbage can was an unfortunate consequence:

0007_4x5.jpg

And this one was also shot at the same event...
0001_5x7.jpg

Normally I'd say the background was busy, but worked with the costume theme.

Since this has turned into a themed thread with contributions of many members, it belongs into the Photo Themes, which is the forum for themed threads, so I merged it with the existing-since-2004 thread on the same topic.

And just so I don't only state that the threads were merged, here's one photo of my daughter that I'd like to contribute, but I'm actually looking for yet another one...

rotehaaresabine.jpg

This is the other one I was looking for and about which I feel it might go well with the collection here - my daughter again.

018.jpg

And again... now, as I seem to be in the swing of things:

threemonthsfromsixteen.jpg

Ah, and just for the fun of it: this comparison compound of my husband's old photo in his driving licence (he was 19 when it was taken and HAS changed a little in the meantime, I must say ... :scratch: ), and his then 11-year-old daughter who I photographed back then for one of the early TPF assignments, and that one had been "high key", and I tried with all the lights in the house I could get hold of to create this "high key" portrait. She SUFFERED! ;)

Vergleichsbilder.jpg

Oops. This one's small! I didn't remember it'd be so small. Oh well...

Random guy at the train station (taken back in November of 2006):

TostedtBahnhof_MetronomAnkunft6.jpg

My friend and her horse (taken on 29 Dec 2008)

Gaylord_09.jpg

I think I'll go look for more people photos...

And gsgary: that's a very nice photo of your partner, I love the window light only!!!

I took a picture of my friend at a hotel waterpark. She was attempting to call her deployed husband. I decided to take this photo with no flash because the area was pretty well lit. Only added frame and my signature.
3485709552_490e99bdd0.jpg

Monday morning - at breakfast (snapshot, mixed light, i.e. lamp and window - no flash)

sabine060709.jpg

And a couple of hours later in the airport (snapshot again - window light from ceiling windows)

flugplatz060709sabine2.jpg

look at those eyes and that smile ! Corinna shes very pretty!

I took a picture of my friend at a hotel waterpark. She was attempting to call her deployed husband. I decided to take this photo with no flash because the area was pretty well lit. Only added frame and my signature.
3485709552_490e99bdd0.jpg

Nice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back