Posing help...

MLeeK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
CreativeLive has a free webinar coming up...
It's come up a LOT of times in here and I know I've sent some info to Sharon and a few others... So I thought I'd share this:
The Posing Project with Doug Gordon | creativeLIVE

I have taken quite a few of their webinars when they are live and they are always great. I also think Gordon is really exception in his posing stuff. It'll definitely be an excellent workshop!!!

Here's what Doug Gordon says on his facebook
I am doing a live 3 day workshop online. This will be the most intensive workshop I have ever taught. It will be online and Free. Special Thanks to my friends Adorama, Bay Photo Lab, ImageQuix, Pocket wizard, Profoto, Animoto Kevin Kubota Photographer, WPPI Online, and Nikon for their support. Without them, I would never be able to create such an elaborate program.

The Posing Project
This 3-day workshop will be unlike any other creativeLIVE event or workshop you have ever experienced. First off watch it live for free on 10/11-13. Even better, you will see various types of People Posing. Everything from the plus size subject, to different heights, races, nationalities and People with Disabilities.. You will see all types of people photography from Weddings to Portraits. Posing types included will be Boudoir, Maternity, Trash the Dress, Teens, Weddings, Groups and anything else that comes to mind. You'll learn Doug Gordon's unique flow posing system. Learn how to seamlessly move from one pose to the next creating a string of 50-60 different unique poses all within a few minutes. Doug is an amazing businessman. He knows what clients want, and how to deliver a product that every client will always love. As if the posing isn't enough Doug will go through all types of lighting situations showing everything from Available light to a Nikon Speed Light with everything in between. If Posing and Lighting aren't enough Doug will go into complete detail of his studio workflow for over 1000 Weddings a year and nearly 5000 portraits. And beyond everything you'll learn, Doug's style and personality are unique. Prepare yourself for a wild ride! The best part again is it's Live and Free. The modern client is bombarded with stunning imagery from magazines, billboards and advertisements, These are our future clients. They want the dream. Our job as photographers is not to show the world as it is. Our job is to show it more as what we want it to be. This is a class for those wanting to provide, a mixture of fashion, glamour, intimacy and most of all the dream. I have never met a client who wants to look as they are. They want to look better. It's about creating intimacy and romance for the modern couple. This class will encompass every type of posing and lighting imagionable with every type, size and age of clients. I want to take you deep inside what real clients look like. Their is no perfect match, or height or weight or creed. You will see every type of subject imaginable and every lighting situation that could exists. You will learn to find the direction of light and use it to your wildest dreams. It will be a class on taking ordinary situations and turning the into spectacular imagery. And just when you think you can't take anymore, We are gonna go deep inside fast and furious workflow. If that's not enough, one of the most successful photographers in the world will show and explain how he got there. It's all about the ultimate project. This promises to be the most action packed and thourogh CL event ever.This will be a life changing workshop.

Here is the Link To enroll for free
The Posing Project with Doug Gordon | creativeLIVE

AWESOME, Possum! I just signed up for the course. Looking fwd. to it.

I have to say, I was amused to read about 'Available light to Nikon Speed Light and everything in between' since I'm pretty sure almost all of lighting is not between the two ;) I get how ad copy sometimes runs away with the writer, though, so no slam intended on the workshop. It looks great!

Thanks. I'm giving it a try - who knows, I may even attempt shooting people for once!

Lol im currently watching now. found there site here recently and started with the lighting one. hard for me to do while working and the time diffrence between them and me. but its free so I watched as much as I can.

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing this--I enrolled, but not sure how much of it I'll get to do on Thursday and Friday, what with this pesky job, that keeps interfering with my hobbies! I wonder if I could convince them that a posing workshop would help me take far better photos of our bus operators and passengers? :lmao:
(For the record, so that karma doesn't come and bite me on the backside: I LIKE my job--I am immensely grateful that I am EMPLOYED, that I have at least some level of job security, that my boss rocks, and that I earn enough to pay nearly all the bills, most of the time. :D )

Geez...those were the most strict password criteria I've ever encountered.

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing this--I enrolled, but not sure how much of it I'll get to do on Thursday and Friday, what with this pesky job, that keeps interfering with my hobbies! I wonder if I could convince them that a posing workshop would help me take far better photos of our bus operators and passengers? :lmao:
(For the record, so that karma doesn't come and bite me on the backside: I LIKE my job--I am immensely grateful that I am EMPLOYED, that I have at least some level of job security, that my boss rocks, and that I earn enough to pay nearly all the bills, most of the time. :D )
They run the replays in the evening hours over and over and over.
I've actually recorded parts of them so I could watch when I had to go out.

MLeek, I've been watching their free stuff at nights for the last couple of weeks. It's great. I will be purchasing and signing up for some of them very soon.

They have some pretty awesome webinars, don't they??? I haven't watched so many thru the summer, but all spring there were ones I watched.
The PhotoShop Intensive was the last one I think I saw live.
I really want to buy the sales one with Tamara Lackey and the Business of Senior Photography one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back