Possible Book cover

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been asked to supply an image for use in an an upcoming Birds of Britain Book - I was honoured to be asked:)

I though of this Puffin Portrait - YES / NO? Common throughout the UK mostly on Coasts or offshore islands

KjsIPTq.jpg

Les :)

It's a lovely shot for sure, a good candidate I would say. I can't help but wonder though if it might be a smidge over sharpened. I usually don't notice that with my shots until I've looked at them later. It's a fine line.

I agree with the sharpening. Also the slightly blown highlights

It's a good candidate for sure. For a cover, I agree that the whites on the upper chest are problematic, but the head is wonderful!

-

This head shot would indeed make a fantastic cover but be aware
that you may be asked by a graphic dept — based on some typical
printing issue — to reduce the sharpening on its face. :encouragement:

It's a lovely shot for sure, a good candidate I would say. I can't help but wonder though if it might be a smidge over sharpened. I usually don't notice that with my shots until I've looked at them later. It's a fine line.

I agree with the sharpening. Also the slightly blown highlights

It's a good candidate for sure. For a cover, I agree that the whites on the upper chest are problematic, but the head is wonderful!
Thank you Guys- all comments noted, I will re-visit the RAW file today and see what I can do

Update : This image did not make the final selection- I'm a little bummed - but upwards & onwards. Hey guys :)

I sent another image today- not for the cover but actual insertion as an on page image- fingers crossed

The Grey Heron

7B6BJeJ.jpg

Male Teal

jil4DUg.jpg

Last edited:
Update : This image did not make the final selection…

Even great photographs aren't sure of anything since there is
some one with what ever idea at the decision making.

I realised, over the years, that it has less to do with the pictu-
res and more with reliable contacts. Just keep kicking. :)

Even great photographs aren't sure of anything since there is
some one with what ever idea at the decision making.

I realised, over the years, that it has less to do with the pictu-
res and more with reliable contacts. Just keep kicking. :)
I agree- we all see things in a different perspective so to speak - I shall keep kicking as you so eloquently put it - Thank you :)

Les

Most reactions

Back