Post a photo of a photographer taking a photo! Photoception!

I forgot about this thread. I meant to post this of these crazy people out in the snow along the Kancamagus Hwy in NH. The woman had on a skirt with bare legs!

D26BB67B-9FD4-4E9E-911A-14BB088880BD.jpeg

Longish story...

In the early 1960s the Los Angeles County Parks Department conducted "camera days" several times during the summer. These events took place at various locations around LA County, including some municipal parks in individual cities. The parks department(s) would set up some basic sets, or have things like fire engines brought to the venue, for use as backgrounds or props. The word would go out to many of the talent and modeling agencies in LA and Hollywood, and models (mostly women but not all) would show up and pose, hoping that the photographers would send them prints for use in their portfolios.

Needless to say, as a teenage boy and new photo enthusiast, this was catnip. Of course the whole idea would go splat - and rightly so - today, but we're talking 50+ years ago, another time. Anyway, submitted without further comment.

The photographers

camera-day-bw1s.jpg

The photographed (example)

Camera-day-model-1963.jpg

Nice, Gardyloo! Love the BTS explanation.

000202460032_InPixio.jpg
I was shooting a test roll of LOMO400 in my Minolta Dynax 9 when I caught this.

Last edited:
Here's an oldie of a photographer posing a bride and groom in front of the statue of Peter the Great in what was then Leningrad in 1973.

PICT1424a.JPG

Most reactions

Back