Post a picture of yourself

does it have to be recent? all my best selfies were in the past.
Here are some I've liked (pardon the number, please scroll past if you wish):

DIC after a hard night out.
The Morning After the Night Before by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

With my home made 16x20" camera (I used it to shoot Cibachromes)
Me and my home made camera by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

World Superbike Championships, Manfield 1992. BEARs race (I won)
Mike Breen on Pizza To You Ducati F1 at Manfield 1992 by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

In Namibia 2001. We lived there for an IBM contract
Playing with lions! by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

Cycling across the Tibetan Plateau in 1999
Well Met: Linxia by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

A work photo: I made B&W enlargements for some of the shops around Christchurch.
My little darkroom by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

2nd Tibetan Trek 2000
'Selphie' Cycling the Tibetan Plateau; 1998 by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

Travels in China: ZhuZaiGuo
The Blonde Yak! by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

Relaxing in Langmusi, China (I lived there and studied Mandarin)
Mike in Langmusi by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

Langmusi, China. I've always got on well with kids all over the world
Langmusi with the kids by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

A bit more recent with my grandson
No Poppa! Slow Down! by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

Cycling in Singapore (lived there in 1987). Carrying my Mamiya 645 1000s
Streets of Singapore by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

Another more recent shot (speaks for itself)
FREE BEER! (tomorrow) by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

In my Lyttelton studio and darkroom with my first 35mm camera (inherited from my Dad)
Me, Myself and I / Ko au, Ko au ano me au by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

I'm shy......honest!
Mike by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

On a bike ride this year
Selfie in Artwork by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

Finally, with my Mom when we lived in Malaya
My mother and I by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

I hope you laughed!
That's a wonderful set of selfies. You certainly have had an interesting life.

Some pictures my dad took with my camera at my brothers wedding on Saturday

Attachments

• F3E631D6-BDD0-4287-84C7-4F59E0839796.jpeg
    F3E631D6-BDD0-4287-84C7-4F59E0839796.jpeg
    472.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 5FAC21A1-8895-47B0-A03C-42CD56DEA82C.jpeg
    5FAC21A1-8895-47B0-A03C-42CD56DEA82C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
I see, kind of like how I do. I have a 2 TB h.d. and I only keep the raw and the processed copy of each pic I decide to keep. If I run out of h.d. (and it will take a long time before I do) I just buy another. I could pay for the use of "Cloud" but I would rather put my money into something that I control. So, is that picture lost forever or can you repost it somehow?
Servus Kirk,

let me throw my 2 cents in ... I am IT guy (profession) and I've spent quite some time with developing how should I store my data ... Let's make a long story short - I use multi-tier principle of my storage (3 tiers - 3rd == the highest value, 1st tier == lowest value / working data) ..

tier 3 - I use a blue-ray disc (labeled by months of the year) for regular backup of my raw files, that's my tier 3 storage, BD disc are supposed to just survive for ages - basically I have all RAWs that I don't delete on BD disc (based on the date - so I have a for example disc 2021/2 which contains all RAWs from all my cameras taken in Feb 2021, etc) ++ I create sometimes (quarterly) a special BD where I put my postprocessing projects (files from photoshop, gimp, pp3 profiles and so exported JPGs)

tier 2 - are multiple offline harddrives and sd cards and usb sticks .. tier is #2 transition between online data (t#1) and tier #3 .. I don't create t#3 backups every month, rather quarterly or less often .. in tier #2 is basically backup of my all current and recent work on one pile .. it's often unsorted and there's mess in it

tier 1 - live data that are "online" .. data on my hardrives in computer and also my external harddisks that I carry outside or use daily

summary - I have biggest trust into the offline optical Blue-Ray drives for long term storage and I have almost no trust into anything online no matter where it is and what is the raid level of it .. I don't have a trust in long term perspective to anything, that's mechanical and needs electricity to operate (my tier #2)

setup like that forces you to sort your photos (and other files - I am using this principle for many years) .. when I am making my BD backups I usually have to sort my photos because the capacity of one blue ray disc is 25/50GB big == 750/1500 RAW files (my 24MP raw files from nikon are 25-30MB each) which not bad for a month but also not awesome sometimes and I usually want to have only one BD drive per month (with shots from 3 cameras) .. yearly backup is usually box with 1-? BD drives .. for example from 2020 I have 11x BD ~ monthly drives ++ one cumulative backup on just 2 BD / 50GB drives which contains the data from all 11 drives (there's usually a lot of free space on each month-basis drive) == 11 + 2 drives for 1 year on two boxes on two geolocations :) (two houses)

cheers, ~dan

I used Capture One Pro tethering to take this self portrait.

Camera: Nikon Z 7 + Nikkor Z 24-70/4S
Lighting: Two FlashPoint AD400 Pros - from above and below
Backdrop: Studio Dynamics - Wellington
Software: Capture One Pro 21

C14074BA-620C-4A96-A685-47AEC7B44097.jpeg

First post here - nice to meet you all.

Scan11444.JPG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back