Post processing advice

Shanil Soni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is the pic I took recently. As this pic was taken early in the morning, it contains a lot of orange shade.

DSC_0053.jpg

I need some advice on post processing this pic, can someone share the details? Any help will be much appreciated.

P.S. I generally do not post process the pics other than using some pre-defined options if needed, so I do not much about it.

Here is the pic I took recently. As this pic was taken early in the morning, it contains a lot of orange shade.

View attachment 113324

I need some advice on post processing this pic, can someone share the details? Any help will be much appreciated.

P.S. I generally do not post process the pics other than using some pre-defined options if needed, so I do not much about it.

What processing software would you be using.

I'm using Photoshop.

Generally I would look to bring out the colours and contrast with a sunset silhouetted image. Increase the saturation/vibrance to really make them pop.

Personally, I don't think there is enough going on in the image to warrant editing it, other than for practise purposes. It wouldn't be a keeper for me, mainly because what would "work" for me, would require such heavy cropping that the image quality is drastically reduced. I attached a quick edit of what I would be looking for through the viewfinder, not by ditching 85-90% of the sensor resolution.

Below I tweaked the contrast with an adjustment layer. I then added saturation and vibrance. I also quickly cloned out the bird on the island and its shadow/reflection.

Attachments

• DSC_0053-edit.jpg
    DSC_0053-edit.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 100
I'm using Photoshop.

I would try straighten the image, the river bank is tilted a bit on the right and maybe see what cropping some foreground looks like. as for a colour scheme I wouldn't know but be sure that you create copies in PS and only alter those.

@AKUK @ ABananaRepublic Thank you for your responses.

Initially, I took this image into ViewNX2 which is the software that comes with the camera because it screamed adjust D-Lighting. Normally, I do not use this program but sometimes, a slight bump of that slider makes a big difference... it did as it brought up some of the distant shoreline on the left side.

Straightened the shoreline

Juiced the nature color boost slider.

Took a little noise out in Gimp.

DSC_0053.jpg

I rather like the subtle colours - it is not necessary for colours to "pop". I also rather like the sparse composition. The only change I would make would be to crop out about 1/4(ish) of the picture from the right to move the bird from centre to a more harmonious position.

Sent from my A1-840 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back