THE MOON

The shot that got away!!! I set the tripod on camera to an absolutely brilliant moonrise tonight with it sitting just at the tiptop of the treeline. Power on, adjust shtter speed, aperture and ISO. Check all systems go. Press the remote cable release and nothing...try again, nothing. I know the definition of insanity...doing the same thing over blah, blah, blah. WHAT, No friggin' memory card. By the time I got back and got everything set again, the moment was well gone past it's best by date. A huge cloud bank had drifted by and completely obliterated the moon. Patience, my son, I told myself. Anyway, this is what I could salvage.

DSC_5696_edited-2.jpg

DSC_5700_edited-2.jpg

DSC_5703_edited-2.jpg

DSC_5705_edited-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I think this is my best one so far...

Mond_MitteFebruar.jpg

p-halloweenmoonsm.jpg

Halloween night this past year.

The detail in some of these shots is amazing...

I posted this before but the link went dead so I will put it up again.

moon20060307dy8.jpg

what the...? It looks like a photo taken by a space probe :mrgreen: truly amazing! what kind of lens did you use??

I got my first shot of the moon tonight and saw some cool craters near the dark side. Can you all post your best moon crater shots? This was with my 250mm zoom

Link gone :(

To properly expose the Moon you need to shoot as if it were a bright sunny day. Here is a shot using my 20-200 zoom with a 1.4 teleconverter.

This was shot @:

ISO- 100
Aperature- f/8
Shutter- 1/250

IMG_2503_w.jpg

Member collections of photos on a specific theme belong into the Photo Themes forum!

And since there has been a "Moon"-thread for years, I merged the new thread with the exsiting theme.

Most reactions

Back