Stuffed Animals

karissa

The Untitled
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm sorry but I just LOVE my fuzzy stuffed friends. So do any of you have a collection going?

Edited due to broken link

You serious about this, karissa? Wow, you don't know what you're letting yourself into --- wait till I get my scans done, then I'll SWAMP this thread with "our fluffy friends'" photos! :albino: :cat: :pig: :sun:

(But since you've been through the reactions on your pic in the "ArtyFartySelfPortrait"-thread, nothing can frighten you off anything anymore, I think)

*oh the horror*
no not fluffy animals!... Well, thats it, I gonna hire Mr. Sid to shoot the stuffed animals that folks post here! :gun:

just kiddin, post away. I'm gonna avoid this one like the plague! Actually :idea: Does anybody have a deer head trophy pictures??.. that would make this more palatable for me... hey they are stuffed animals afterall....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mark: start avoiding this thread as of now! It begins!

Our fluffy friends... let me tell you right at the beginning that I am a middle aged woman, maybe even growing into "elderly" for some (depending on your viewpoint), and mother of two who also are growing older (you'd think they'd grow out of the stuffed animal age pretty soon).

However, in my life as a kid as well as in my life as a mother, these little friends have always had their right of being, they can "speak", have a personality, name (of course!) and all. So they do play a big part in our family.

Which is why I shall start my "swamping the theme section" with this one, which - despite its many "people" in it - only shows you PART of our "friends" - taken at the (ok, declare me mad now!) birthday party of one of them (!!!):

DANG: Link broken :(

Now that I've finally outed myself as not only old, but also crazy, may I continue?

Mia, the cat, and Nick

OK, let me present you to Nick, who is stuffed, and Mia, who is our cat (unstuffed).
Nick is my dog. He does not belong to my children.
And Nick has only joined our family some three years ago.
Actually, Nick is a "foundling". I found him lying next to the bottle bank at the railway station and I felt pity. I thought "How can anybody throw this wonderful big dog away". So I lifted him up and found out that his head was almost entirely ripped off. The helper in me came to the surface and I brought Nick home (at the time still nameless), dried him (he had lain in the snow), then carefully washed him, and sewed his head back on - hence the red scarf to disguise the worst scars! ;) It was before his head came back on that my daughter decided that "The Almost Headless Nick" were the ONLY name for this dog ever! That's how he came to be with us and how he came to be called what he is called.

A much, much, MUCH older member of the family is HERE:

He was given to my sister for Christmas in 1959, when she was a little over one and a half, and I was only just born (three days before). So you can just figure out his (and my) age...! :shock:

But this one, not a stuffed animal, but still going with the theme, is even older:

For this is "Klaus".
And Klaus was my mother's doll.
She got him when she turned six. That was in 1930!
Klaus is a bit of a rarity these days.
He's no longer being played with.

(To be continued)

Klaus?
Creepy!!!????

OK, I did a macro of his face, but if you want me to, so you can undo your creepy feeling, I can look for one of the whole "Klaus"!

So what is Karissa doing?
She started the whole theme and now she's chickening out??????
Leaving me near-Grannie in the lurch, fighting for the theme?

OK, so the voodoocat finds Klaus "creepy".
Hmph.

How about Wolf then?

Wolf kind of makes me think of MD (in connection with Karissa.... erm)

I'm here... I have over 100 stuffed friends.... I just have not had time to post them yet... don't worry... I'm coming back.

By the way... what in the world have I unleashed? :shock:

I just wanted to let everyone know that there's no way I'll post any of my GF's 28 Furbys.

Your welcome....

Goofup said:
I just wanted to let everyone know that there's no way I'll post any of my GF's 28 Furbys.

Your welcome....

Furbys! :shock: Oh thank you....

Furbys must die :gun:

Well, Karissa, since it seems like you could frighten all possible FURBYs to come to this theme-thread away, let me continue - as to keep this thread alive, and since it seems to be "my" thread, anyway, although you started it and gave me the idea...

There's a story to tell as to the following ones.
I'm member of yet another online forum :)shock: there are more than this one out there! :shock:), and we once decided we'd have a little teddy bear go travelling from member to member. He'd then write a sort of diary to be sent to the board, so everyone else would know what "Cosmo", the little bear, was experiencing. I had to "lace" his diary with plenty of photos, of course, once he was spending time with me.

All the following photos therefore are on "Cosmo" and all the fluffy friends he instantly made in my home:

Here you see "Cosmo" with an "old acquaintance" of yours, yes, right: Nick. "The Almost Headless Nick", whose head I sewed back on after I had rescued him from the waste ground around the bottle bank near the railway station.
("Cosmo" is really small, thus easy to be mailed from member to member).

And here's "Cosmo" with my daughter's "bestest friend ever", her girl-teddybear "Teddine" who she loves dearly to the present day (my daughter'll be 11 in a couple of weeks from now).

I thought I had scanned more of his photos but apparently I haven't.
Well, I'll have to scan some more, anyway, I must still scan those of "Klaus" for voodoocat, who found my mother's doll so "creepy"...!

yeah, my monitor is totally not calibrated, so i may be seeing a little different on the colour ones... oh, and he's a munky, not a monkey :pirate:

Most reactions

Back