moon_002zoom.jpg

Here is my contribuition :D

Ah, wish we could still see it, but ... the link is gone :(

Exif:

# Shutter Speed: 1/4000 second
# F Number: F/5.6
# Focal Length: 200 mm
# ISO Speed: 1600

I wish my moon pics were any better but at some point it begins to be a matter of lens, I guess:

This year's Halloween-moon:

mondanhalloween05framed.jpg

And four photos of the moon on All Saints Day (i.e. a day later), taken earlier...

mondanallerheiligenfrh02framed.jpg

mondanallerheiligenfrh03framed.jpg

... and later in the evening:

mondanallerheiligen02.jpg

mondanallerheiligen03.jpg

Playing with crops begins to show that the lens just does not seem to be able to get a really clear shot in the distance ... it was only € 169.- ... :roll:

Corinna, take several images of the moon with the same settings (remember a faster than expected shutter speed) and stack them all on top of each other in photoshop.

The more images you get the clearer your finished photo will be. It's not unusual to stack 100+ images but it takes a bit of time.

Also as soon as you've taken your shots of the moon put the lens cap back on and with exactly the same settings on the camera take a "blank" photo. (Dark Frame) In photoshop subtract this dark frame from you finished, stacked photo to remove most of the digital noise.

Finally try not to oversharpen images of the moon. The craters may seem very small and like little sharp dimples but in reality they are quite large with few sharp points smaller than a huge rock!

Guess I'll add one of mine. It's not great, but it's one I have readily available. It's about a 97% waxing gibbous.

moon_full_big.jpg

Wierdness - I swear I posted this but now it's not there :lmao: so here it is again. disclaimer - I seriously botched the clone stamp getting rid of lightposts on this ;p

Handheld pull-over while driving home tonight:
Link gone :(
ps. Astrostu I disagree, that shot IS great! Nice job.

I am obsessed with moon shots. I wish I had better scenery to shoot along with it on a long exposure, but nope, nothing of interest but the tops of houses.

DSC_1839.jpg

I posted this before but the link went dead so I will put it up again.

moon20060307dy8.jpg

astrostu I took a look at your website, your lunar photos are impressive. You have managed to capture a large percentage of the phases. This is my best effort for consecutive nights.

weki9.gif

Sure. Go ahead and make me TOTALLY envious at how well you can capture the moon ... even a little FILM! :irked: Ts!

WONDERFUL!!!!!! :thumbup:

Richard that animation is awsome!

It really shows the difference in photographing a full moon and a gibbous moon.

If you look at the lower right side of the moon you can see the craters "appear" as the light starts to throw the shadows across the surface!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back