Post your favorite candid.

85aa2d1e57bbd46d74bc362e1793ae54.jpg

Shot out this while chatting with neighbors. My friend had drifted off in thought.
Also the flying flower girl

$image.jpg

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 541
Last edited:
I don't do much people photography, and I do even less "candid" people photography. And I actually *like* a pretty small percentage of the few people shots I get.
But I did take this of one of my great-nieces around Mother's Day and really loved the "carefree childhood" feel to it:

May4_8420editnewweb by sm4him, on Flickr

EDIT: Someone kindly pointed out that I seem to have photographed a young Smurf. :D My words, not theirs. But, yeah, I noticed when I posted this that the white balance was quite cool. Let's see if this is any better, without going to the other extreme...

Last edited:
This one gets a lot of traffic. "A Treat For His Girl", September, 2002.

14788050.jpg

[ DSCF1934_A Treat For His Girl.JPG photo - Derrel photos at pbase.com ]
The guy has a Minute Maid frozen lemonade treat in his hand. He's just bought it, and she's already got her eye on it. This was shot at Autzen Stadium, before the start of a University of Oregon Duck football game.

Another candid, shot in 2004 in JPEG mode with the old D1h, right before sunset during amazing, glorious golden sunset light...this young girl has a University of Oregon bookstore plastic bag, but she's a high school student at Grant High School. I was there covering a track meet, saw this,shot one frame. I actually had to delete a few files to take this shot.

27578383.jpg

[ DSC_4302_sm.JPG photo - Derrel photos at pbase.com ]

Candies or voyeuristic creeper shots?

Most reactions

Back