Poster Critique

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright guys, this is a final rough draft of a poster I'm working on for my Fire Department's annual mud races. The colors were not my choice, they are the theme for the event this year and I was told to use them throughout the poster. Which information to include/exclude is also not my choice. I Was given the colors and information to include and told to put my own creative twist on it. The photo is mine, taken at the event 2 years ago. I know it's a very basic poster. My main goals were to make it eye catching, and easy to read. It's going to be printed 11x14. Just looking for some general feedback from you guys because I trust your opinions more than those of the people in my department.

Note: There is a white Border around the poster. Not visible on all monitors against the white BG of the forum though.
8598370151_730e38ba76_b.jpg

And, per Flickr's rules, a link to the photo on flickr :raisedbrow:

Attachments

• $8598370151_730e38ba76_b.jpg
    $8598370151_730e38ba76_b.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I think that the information at the bottom needs to be reorganized. The Facebook link should be at the bottom and there should be more padding on the edge of the frame.

You can also shorten links as in fb.com/myballs or whatever. Might make things a bit more tidy. To allocate more space for the gutter, you can cover a little bit more of the image without losing the visual impact.

I know it wasn't your choice, but the green is hideous and doesn't tie in at all IMO.

Lose the green, expand rider image, write text over photo. Use green with black out line for attention grabbing headlines and white with black for sub text.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back