poster help

Robbo521

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
my daughter is wanting a poster of this but it is way to small.i have no clue on making it so i can do a poster or is it a way?
$untitled-10.jpg

What file format is the original, and who made the image?

An image like that is best as a vector graphic and not as a raster graphic if you want to make it bigger.

the original is PNG.have no clue on who made it.

The original was probably created in vector. You'll need that.

The image could be re-created somewhat easily in Photoshop. I'm not crazy about the gradations on the letters and their corresponding background panels as it makes it difficult to read. And that's the part that might be tricky in PhotoShop. Otherwise. It could be created at say 600 ppi at about 5" diameter so it's not a huge file and then saved as an EPS file. Then it could be enlarged almost as big as you need.
I agree that the original was probably created as a vector...probably in Illustrator.

It could be created at say 600 ppi at about 5" diameter so it's not a huge file and then saved as an EPS file. Then it could be enlarged almost as big as you need.
If it's not a huge file don't expect to be able to enlarge "big" without pixelization. Raster art large enough to print at poster size will be quite a large file. Saving as an .eps doesn't make a small raster file scalable. It needs to be vector.

It could be created at say 600 ppi at about 5" diameter so it's not a huge file and then saved as an EPS file. Then it could be enlarged almost as big as you need.
If it's not a huge file don't expect to be able to enlarge "big" without pixelization. Raster art large enough to print at poster size will be quite a large file. Saving as an .eps doesn't make a small raster file scalable. It needs to be vector.

Well, it depends. It depends on the size of the poster you want to print. It depends on the substrate (paper, canvas, etc) you use. And it depends on the RIP software used by the printer.
In my example, that image could be printed as a 20 inch square at 150 ppi and look pretty good. Not like a high quality photo, maybe, but it would work.
I've taken a photo from a web site (sent to me), that was about 5" x 8" and using PhotoShop and another program, I printed it on my 50" Roland HiFi Jet in several 4 foot by 10 foot panels so that the end result was a 10' high by 22' long billboard. Looked great.

I print posters all the time and rarely bother with dealing with a vector file, if ever. But I understand what you are saying. I just don't do that:)

It hasn't been explicitly pointed out, so I'll do it... if you don't know who made that then are you sure of your rights to print it? Using other people's work requires that you have the necessary rights.

they have rights to it,i just dont know the person.it was a student she had years ago.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back