Potter's Falls

JDS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jdsnow.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a local waterfall I never knew existed in my area until about 3 weeks ago. Here are a few of my favorites:

1:
normal_P1010741.JPG

2:
normal_P1010732.JPG

3:
normal_P1010674.JPG

4:
normal_P1010728.JPG

Comments/criticism welcome...and thanks for looking. :)

Thanks! They're probably my favorite thing to shoot, when the light is right...

beautiful!

The first one is gorgeous and love the comp in the 3rd..

Very nice, one of my uncles lived in Dayton and worked at Watts Bar about 20 years ago. Have you ever been down there to the Snow(?) Pocket trials?

Ohhhh, those are lovely shots! Good work! The first is my fave...beautiful composition.

Thanks for the comments everybody! :) It was interesting getting to some of those spots to shoot from - wading through a little water, getting to bigger rocks in the middle of the creek/river to set up the tripod..cringing every time I almost lost my footing. It was a really fun day for the wife and me though.

Jeff Canes said:
Very nice, one of my uncles lived in Dayton and worked at Watts Bar about 20 years ago. Have you ever been down there to the Snow(?) Pocket trials?
Can't say I've ever been, or ever heard of it. I've heard of Watts Bar of course, just not the snow pocket trials. (trails, you mean?) I'll have to check that out...

I especially like numbers 1 and 3. I like the combination of rocks in the foreground and waterfall in the background of numbers 2 and 4, but, in my opinion, there's too much distance between the waterfalls and rocks to make the photos work.

Thank you for sharing!

Dahlia said:
. . . there's too much distance between the waterfalls and rocks to make the photos work.
I agree..it's a bit hard to move them any closer though. ;) It looked good in my eye, but the end result was a bit off from what I expected. Thanks for your comments!

JDS - Move some giant rocks? Not hard at all! hehe... no, I completely understand. Nature isn't always how we would like it to be, but I still like your photos and think you have a good eye.

Most reactions

Back