Power In The Light

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A recent post by fellow member gave me some ideas on a project I had just about given up on. Had to go back in and rework this using a couple of new editing ideas I've been wanting to try. C&C always welcome.
no-image-available-grid.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:
Deja vu!
Do you have one where the focus isn't as soft on the person?

No I intentionally defocused on the person in the light shooting for an ethereal look., as if you were seeing them through a haze. I thought about fading to white around the subject with a vignette because the woods around seems to overbearing.

Last edited:
I think I like the first better than the last. Maybe a reshoot with vaseline around the outside edges of the lens?

I saw Dean's photo as well and you guys know at some point you have to give a nod to this: A Walk To The Paradise Garden

Joe

That's it! Thats the vibe I was searching for, three equally balanced strong elements, the dark woods, the children and the light, working together to draw the eye inward on the light. I'll admit I haven't seen this before, thanks for sharing.

This would be better if the subject had a head. Otherwise, I prefer the second which focuses attention on the subject but maybe a bit lighter handed.

This would be better if the subject had a head. Otherwise, I prefer the second which focuses attention on the subject but maybe a bit lighter handed.

Head is bowed, reference to the title. I agree in looking at it more, that the outer processing might need to be brought back slightly.

Head is bowed, reference to the title.

That would be more effective/apparent from a side angle. In this, imo, it doesn’t look like someone who’s head is bowed in that way.

I wasn't sure about the person standing that way but yet it's kind of interesting.

If you feel you need to fill in that darkness with all that fog, that should be telling you something... Think about how you're using space in the image, If you need to fill it in there's probably too much dark space. A little crop might balance the dark and light better.

@vintagesnaps this was one of those concept images that just hasn't fleshed out yet. Had several issues when I shot it. The location wasn't the most ideal, and I was rushing the light because the bugs/mosquitoes were horrendous. I need to scout a better location, and shoot it using the knowledge gained from this one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back