Serious Dude

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Every now and then I like to go back and re-edit old shots with new skills I've learned. Self portrait from several years ago, when I still had most of my hair. LOL The original had some bad errors on lighting, it was extremely hard, with a lot specular highlights. I've learned a lot on lighting over the years, the mistakes I made in this one wouldn't happen today. It took several layers, of dodging/burning, patching, cloning, to even come close to correcting, but IMO it's an improvement on the original.

IMGP2120.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:
Every now and then I like to go back and re-edit old shots with new skills I've learned. Self portrait from several years ago, when I still had most of my hair. LOL the original had some bad errors on lighting, it was extremely hard, with a lot specular highlights blown. I've learned a lot on lighting over the years, the mistakes I made in this one wouldn't happen today. It took several layers, of dodging/burning, patching, cloning, to even come close to correcting but IMO it's an improvement on the original.

IMGP2120.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr
Great result!

@otherprof and @Flycaster1 Thank you.

This is a good reminder for me that there's only so much you can do post. Today this one wouldn't have made the cut for editing, to much work and the final is still lacking. Lighting isn't rocket science but a little change here and there makes a world of difference in the final result.

Great job on the new edit. I don't know if I see someone who is serious or perhaps someone wrapped around Lil Bit's finger ;)

Great job on the new edit. I don't know if I see someone who is serious or perhaps someone wrapped around Lil Bit's finger ;)
It's more like the face Lil'Bit sees when she's not doing what I ask her to do. LOL

Hey it's the real Smoke! I see some kindness in those eyes.

Most reactions

Back