Power of One

Wow. Brilliant capture. I love the tones.

How do you feel about the tonality?
I like stronger b&w with deeper blacks and more decisive definition of detail in whites. Your picture is rather on the light side of tones, but still I like it.

Brilliant! Throw it into a selenium toner bath ;)

Gorgeous Majeed!

A very powerful photo.

just....WOW!

Wikipedia says its a form of algae.
How tall is this plant?

OOPS, found another reference where it says that they grow up to 60 cm -~ 2 feet

Very nice. I think the weak blacks work fine here, it supports that idea of "mist/fog/wet" in this basically impressionistic picture.

I'm pleased to see you branching out a bit, too. You do lovely landscapes, and I mean that absolutely genuinely, but I don't feel any of the artist's voice in those. They look like any decent, serious, landscape guy could have made them. This one, though, has a bit of vision, an idea of a feeling to be portrayed, and that's cool. You can't make this one just by seeing, you have to have the idea as well.

I feel like I am missing something camera left. I am not sure if you cropped or shot this tight. I am getting the impact of the waves, but maybe not having the origin is throwing me off. I would like to see more depth in your black and white for an image with this much punch.

How do you feel about the tonality?
I like stronger b&w with deeper blacks and more decisive definition of detail in whites. Your picture is rather on the light side of tones, but still I like it.
I agree with this - I, too, like a sharper contrast. But this photo is absolutely amazing. I wonder if it would actually lose something (the action, the mist, the feel), if the tones were any different... Great job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back