What's new

Power Towers in the Early Hours

DaevidClarke

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
186
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These two were shot early this morning. Please C&C. Its always appreciated.


d80 35mm [f/5 , 1/40 , iso200]
PPd in cs4

PowerTowersJPG.jpg




d80 78mm [f/5.6 , 1/640 , iso400]
PPd in cs4

ToPskyJPG.jpg


thanks!
 
C&C per req:

1. I like this image, but I think perhaps there's a little more of the sky and wires than necessary. I would like to see a bit of the sky cropped off. As well, the use of a 2 stop G-ND to enhance the sunrise colours might well have taken this from good to great.

2. Interesting composition, but too dark for my tastes. Again some G-NDs would have helped a lot.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John
 
ya. mite try and pick some up. just a little financially challenged at the moment
 
First one's great, I think the second is a little dark, though.

Power lines are greatttt
 
d80 78mm [f/5.6 , 1/640 , iso400]
PPd in cs4

ToPskyJPG.jpg


thanks!

When I got home from work I did a quick edit to see if a bit of PP would help with the darkness...

Here is my two cents... I can't decide... I adjusted the brightness/contrast a bit... It didn't seem to lighten it up much...

ToPskyJPG.jpg
 
1) cool shot. i like the skys color. very euphoria. crop some of the sky out..and mayeb a little fill light for the land.
2) dark but cool
 
thanks for the comments and suggestions guys. I did some quick editing..


I tried to lighten the foreground but all i got was grain, so i opted for lightening the sky to try and get more contrast between the two:

lighter.jpg



And for this one i cropped about halfway down from the top, up the contrast a small amount and did a recolor of the foreground grass to give it more pop and a "surreal" feeling:

PowerTowersJPGnewrecolor.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom