What's new

Practicing with my new D60 and Manual Focus

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
3,472
Reaction score
3
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Paired my D60 with a Nikon 50mm f/1.8D lens and had some fun today, here's a couple of the better ones. My friend/co-worker with his Sony A200 and new 70-300 lens he's trying out.

630043335_epGrb-L.jpg


630043159_rhju5-L.jpg
 
#1 is #1 :D

lolz
 
i think you missed the focus on them both... don't think its my eyes.. #2 his shoulder is in focus, but, i don't think thats the right place to have in focus on this shot
 
Number 1 looks more artistic than anything (to me), so I like the end of his lens being the focal point.

Thenikonguy got it right on #2. I would like to see his head as the focal point.
 
Thanks for the comments guys!

And yes, the lens hood was my focal point for #1... I'll have to pay more attention next time on shots like #2, but I was trying to anonymize him a little bit - maybe it didn't work.
 
Are you using the focus indicator in the viewfinder?

Do you know about the 'Rangefinder' mode?
 
Yeah, that is pretty slick!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom