Practicing with panning, CC?

csgrafix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying to get some decent results when panning. These were taken at a medieval festival. Any cc would be appreciated.

1)
201009112517.jpg

2)
201009112518.jpg

3)
201009112519.jpg

4)
201009112520.jpg

These are straight off the camera, the horizon could be fixed in PS along with some sharpening... I guess the error was in paying too much attention to the subject and not as a whole. I wish thoes white rails werent there.

I think the shutter speed is too fast...I'd prefer to see a blrurier, more impressionistic rendering of the moving horse and rider...something in the 1/5 to 1/8 second range, for example. It's difficult to get a good panning shot at times.

I think the shutter speed is too fast...I'd prefer to see a blrurier, more impressionistic rendering of the moving horse and rider...something in the 1/5 to 1/8 second range, for example. It's difficult to get a good panning shot at times.

Steady movement works well with panning. I was afraid with a slower shutter speed I wouldnt get a decent picture. I should have tried on the other passes. I think there were only three passes with the full armor and lance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back