Prairies in November (C&C)

RONDAL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally got out of the city today to take some shots...

Went out to a small town just outside the city limits, has a nice river that runs through the middle of town.

2993942174_f1d37441dc_b.jpg

2993940938_e8fb3c8625_b.jpg

All of the crops have been cut and hay bailed. Cows are munching on whats left over before the snow falls on Tuesday.

3. Fields of Dreams-
2993513163_a2bde96509_b.jpg

The next is of one of the worst roads in the area for claiming cars. It's on one of the only twisting and hilly sections of road. This corner seems to claim about 3-4 cars every summer, and a few lives. It's a blind left directly at the top of a sharp crest. It's made worse by the fact people overshoot the corner and take out the yellow warning sign. Cars end up going over the road, into the ditch nose first, flipping over a few times in the air, and landing on their roofs. It's claimed a friends car like that already.

4. Crosses -
2994408370_001790862f_b.jpg

All shot with a Nikon D40, mostly using a Sigma 10-20, some 1.8 50mm

Thanks

I don't get the last one and your description. I see a sign with an arrow as a warning, but looking at the road, it is VERY straight as far as I can see in the photo.

The warning sign seems to have a play with all the tombstones from traffic accidents in the field. So while the road may be straight, there is something very dangerous there.

I love the third pic...very dramatic and imposing sky

The best way to describe that road from the pic seen is i am sitting right at the back side of the crest looking beyond the turn. 90 degrees to my left there is a road that runs 90 degrees to the road you can see. The sign basically faces the road you would be driving up when you hit the crest and turn.
It is decieving....and its why its so deadly.

on all of them your camera was tilted to the right though....

on all of them your camera was tilted to the right though....
The 2nd to last one looks pretty straight to me. Might be slightly off but it didn't catch my eye. I agree with the others though, although it looks like it was tilted to the left, not the right. In any event, use yo level. :p

All of your shots are really great. I like them a lot. The last one is an exception for me though. I think the sign acts as more of the focus and I'm not too fond of it.

i have a level???

all of those were handheld. As far as I can tell the D40 doesn't have any level sensors?? am i missing something i should know about?

i have a level???

all of those were handheld. As far as I can tell the D40 doesn't have any level sensors?? am i missing something i should know about?
Naw, no levels on the cameras, they were refering to on a tripod I believe. You can always get a bubble level that goes into your hotshoe, but kind of hard to keep an eye on it while hand holding :p

Nice work so far :) That the new 10-20? :)

Ah okay yeah I didn't realize they were all hand held. I was referring to a level on a tripod. Tolyk has me all figured out. :p

The 2nd to last one looks pretty straight to me. Might be slightly off but it didn't catch my eye. I agree with the others though, although it looks like it was tilted to the left, not the right. In any event, use yo level. :p

All of your shots are really great. I like them a lot. The last one is an exception for me though. I think the sign acts as more of the focus and I'm not too fond of it.

image tilted left -> camera tilted right ... ? ;)

2 is slightly off IMHO, but not as apparent as the others .

Most reactions

Back