Pre-Wedding

JimmyO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Met with a couple today about shooting their wedding this fall. Ended up also shooting some portraits for them to get an idea of how I work.

4452484355_eae9d03973.jpg

4452484265_5acebcbaf5.jpg

4453259372_d56365cfbf.jpg

The poses look awkward to me. In pic #1, you cut off her right hand. It looks like she's going to break her back, and her right foot turned in awkwardly. I think her head tilt a bit too much in pic #2. Alot of head room here, not sure what look you were going for.

Hoping you have better success when they're appropriately dressed and ready for a proper shoot. These look simply like test shots. Not bad, but not up to snuff.

The poses look awkward to me. In pic #1, you cut off her right hand. It looks like she's going to break her back, and her right foot turned in awkwardly. I think her head tilt a bit too much in pic #2. Alot of head room here, not sure what look you were going for.

Agreed i really need to do some more research and brainstorming on poses and stuff like that, luckily this wasnt a serious shoot.

Hoping you have better success when they're appropriately dressed and ready for a proper shoot. These look simply like test shots. Not bad, but not up to snuff.

Yes, they just were really curious about my gear and how it all works and how ill be able to use it for the portraits and what sort of results studio lighting can give. In those terms im very pleased with these. I mean we were just shooting intfront of a shed in there backyard.

To look at them you wouldn't think they were in love, hands in pockets and on hips they look more like brother and sister

Yes, they just were really curious about my gear and how it all works and how ill be able to use it for the portraits and what sort of results studio lighting can give.

What are they amish, never seen what a camera does?

I agree these poses need a lot of work. When is the wedding? How many have you shot thus far?

How dare you book a wedding without approval from TPF!!!

To look at them you wouldn't think they were in love, hands in pockets and on hips they look more like brother and sister

Definitely agree with this -- I thought the same thing.

They seem to have very little passion in the pictures which is exactly the opposite of what you want in engagement shots (or pre-wedding shots). You want the viewer to immediately recognize that they're deeply in love and can't wait for the big day. It's also what you want *THEM* to feel when they see the pictures (how marvelously in love they were/are).

Best thing I could tell you is to have them joke around with each other and capture some candids, then afterward get them to pose correctly. The candids could turn out a few good shots but it'll also get them in an excited mood for each other.

There were a bunch of kissing huggging arms wrapped around each other shots but I pulled these out becuase i liked them the most. Wedding is in the fall. First wedding, far from first paid shoot.

Careful bringing up wedding shoots on here, if you aren't a seasoned pro, its frowned upon more than smacking a baby or killing a kitten.:lol:

Careful bringing up wedding shoots on here, if you aren't a seasoned pro, its frowned upon more than smacking a baby or killing a kitten.:lol:

Makes sense. If I was wedding pro and some hot shot 17 year old was put in the position to be able to take business away from me id be pissed to. Luckily for me I let my pictures do the talking and thats what bring in my business.

Makes sense. If I was wedding pro and some hot shot 17 year old was put in the position to be able to take business away from me id be pissed to. Luckily for me I let my pictures do the talking and thats what bring in my business.

I've made similar posts before, its just sort of something I find humorous. I would also caution being too cocky though. Post the wedding pics when you finish them, would like to see them. I also agree that the posing looks awkward here, I wouldn't let these do too much talking for you :lol:

( This is all meant in good taste by the way so don't get too up in arms, I am just giving you a hard time. )

I've made similar posts before, its just sort of something I find humorous. I would also caution being too cocky though. Post the wedding pics when you finish them, would like to see them. I also agree that the posing looks awkward here, I wouldn't let these do too much talking for you :lol:

( This is all meant in good taste by the way so don't get too up in arms, I am just giving you a hard time. )

Its all good. These arent pictures that dictate if I get a job or not, and they are not paid for pictures, just "fun" pictures.

+1

nice lighting though

Most reactions

Back