Pre-Wedding

These arent pictures that dictate if I get a job or not, and they are not paid for pictures, just "fun" pictures.

Sorry but this shows that you are not a pro. Every photo you show a potential customer dictates whether or not you get a job. There is no such thing as a "fun" picture to a pro. Even if you are having fun (and I certainly hope you do) while shooting, the results have to be pro quality.

WOW! Tough crowd, even for the beginner section.

Guess you got to start somewhere. Good luck.

These arent pictures that dictate if I get a job or not, and they are not paid for pictures, just "fun" pictures.

Sorry but this shows that you are not a pro. Every photo you show a potential customer dictates whether or not you get a job. There is no such thing as a "fun" picture to a pro. Even if you are having fun (and I certainly hope you do) while shooting, the results have to be pro quality.

Lol I am NOT a pro hahahhahahha

Wanna know why

There is no such thing as a "fun" picture to a pro.

Actually, it was for me. :er:

But, back then, things were a lot more relax. Today, I would say, shoot your first ones as a second shooter so you don't have the responsibility while you learn. Just trying to help. You want to be cocky, go ahead, I won't be the one getting into a lot of sh*t if you mess up.

And, no, I am not one of those members saying you need 5 years of photo experience and at least 2 years as a second shooter (or whatever) before you shoot your first wedding, which I think is a load of BS, but considering the way the market is going I sure would want some experience.

You don't? Fine, it's your life.

Actually, it was for me. :er:

But, back then, things were a lot more relax. Today, I would say, shoot your first ones as a second shooter so you don't have the responsibility while you learn. Just trying to help. You want to be cocky, go ahead, I won't be the one getting into a lot of sh*t if you mess up.

And, no, I am not one of those members saying you need 5 years of photo experience and at least 2 years as a second shooter (or whatever) before you shoot your first wedding, which I think is a load of BS, but considering the way the market is going I sure would want some experience.

You don't? Fine, it's your life.

Thank you

I wouldnt shoot the wedding if I knew i was capable of doing so. Ive already shot a wedding unpaid along side of a pro that i had met that day and theres a good chance ill be an official second shooter for a wedding before october.

Careful bringing up wedding shoots on here, if you aren't a seasoned pro, its frowned upon more than smacking a baby or killing a kitten.:lol:

Makes sense. If I was wedding pro and some hot shot 17 year old was put in the position to be able to take business away from me id be pissed to. Luckily for me I let my pictures do the talking and thats what bring in my business.

See, that's the problem with you, you think you're a hot shot 17 year old. And while you may be a 17 year old, you're also an arrogant D-Bag to most of the forum members. But as far as the "hot shot" thing, not so much.

Cloudwalker brings up a good idea, to have the couple get a wedding photographer that actually has shot weddings before, and shadow them. There's a lot to it, which you probably don't realize because you're a self proclaimed "hot shot 17 year old". Keep in mind shooting your "homies" doing "mad trickz" at the local skate park is not anything like shooting a wedding.

Careful bringing up wedding shoots on here, if you aren't a seasoned pro, its frowned upon more than smacking a baby or killing a kitten.:lol:

Makes sense. If I was wedding pro and some hot shot 17 year old was put in the position to be able to take business away from me id be pissed to. Luckily for me I let my pictures do the talking and thats what bring in my business.

See, that's the problem with you, you think you're a hot shot 17 year old. And while you may be a 17 year old, you're also an arrogant D-Bag to most of the forum members. But as far as the "hot shot" thing, not so much.

Cloudwalker brings up a good idea, to have the couple get a wedding photographer that actually has shot weddings before, and shadow them. There's a lot to it, which you probably don't realize because you're a self proclaimed "hot shot 17 year old". Keep in mind shooting your "homies" doing "mad trickz" at the local skate park is not anything like shooting a wedding.

Man this place is funnier then I though. Now tell me it wasnt fun typing that up.

By hot shot i meant I probably come off as thinking im the shiit. Arrogant D-bag? Possibly. IRL? No haha. Yes I do understand I dont know much about wedding photography. If I had to shoot it this weekend would I be stoked? No. Do I have a handful of wedding pros that have been stoked to teach me things? Yes.

And while you may think that BMX and stuff is dumb easy photography I will tell you that your wrong. Its about 20% of what i shoot. I agree that there are very few similarities, i mean im not gonna cross light the center aisle with bare monolights and shoot with a fisheye from the ground to make the alter look bigger =P.

So you're an arrogant D-Bag on the internet to make your "e-penis" seem larger? Cool story. Hope all your wedding "homies" are "stoked" "Brosiah".

So you're an arrogant D-Bag on the internet to make your "e-penis" seem larger? Cool story. Hope all your wedding "homies" are "stoked" "Brosiah".

Werd!

i agree with the other posters on here as far as photo critique is concerned, but for what its worth... i really dig the background. i've got a soft spot for old doors with the paint chipping away... reminds me of the shabby chic beach style I missed seeing when I lived in Pawleys Island, SC a few years ago. Love that color blue too...

The girls outfit is fine, but I wish the guy didn't have on camo pants... some nice khakis would have complimented the scene better.

Ummm... Jimmy, you have been here for a while. Haven't you learned that you shouldn't mess with the wedding thing?:)

I learned this in my 2nd week here:lol:

You book a space shuttle launch as the only photographer, you are fine.
You book one of the thousands of the weddings in the nation, Well may God have a mercy on you...;)

Most reactions

Back