Preparingh for a Showing - Need Some Opinions

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm preparing for a showing of my photography... I'm figuring on printing and showing 5-6 images, max. These were some of the ones I was considering and wondering what others thought.

If you had these, which would you pick? (if any)

==1==
The local Acton Exchange Building.
actonexchange.jpg

==2==
Church Statues, Boston Ma.
Boston Night - 20080611 - Trinity Church - 007 - tpf.jpg

==3==
Boston Back Bay Skyline
Back Bay Skyline - July 2008 - 013 tpf.jpg

==4==
Boston Financial District Skyline
Financial District Skyline - July 2008 - 009 tpf.jpg

==5==
Zakim Bridge from Helicopter
helicopter zakim whoa.jpg

==6==
Classic Cool
Snoot Experiments - Diehl Fan - 015 tpf.jpg

==7==
Water Turmoil
waterturmoil.jpg

==8==
Zakim Bridge at Night, Boston
zakim01.jpg

==9==
Old North Bridge, Concord, MA on a Foggy Night 1
Concord Night - 20080629 - 004 tpf.jpg

==10==
Concord at Night #2
Concord Night - 20080629 - 011 tpf.jpg

==11==
Local Fireworks
fireworks1.jpg

I may post some others later, but these are the first ones that I thought would be potentially viable.

Again and as always, any comments welcome...! Thanks!

In way of elimination:
I would kick out #3, #7, and maybe #10. If you can sharpen up the boat #3 would be OK too tho.

These are all excellent photographs though! #7 is kinda average...

In way of elimination:
I would kick out #3, #7, and maybe #10. If you can sharpen up the boat #3 would be OK too tho.

These are all excellent photographs though! #7 is kinda average...

Thanks, Bi. Yeah, 7 is admittedly average, I just want to like it for some reason...

3 is tough... now way to sharpen that, really... it was moving during the exposure because... well, because it was a boat on water. :) I really like the boat in the foreground of the shot- I did that deliberately, but I'm a little annoyed that its kinda ghostly. :) Do you think it kills the shot?

Any other thoughts?

No 5: 'Zakim Bridge from Helicopter' is really outstanding!

This is great, guys. Thank you. The opinions really help me narrow this down.

Thanks, Bi. Yeah, 7 is admittedly average, I just want to like it for some reason...

Yeah water is a symbol of fertility, life, Earth vitality, etc. I'm a sucker for water shots too. :D

3 is tough... now way to sharpen that, really... it was moving during the exposure because... well, because it was a boat on water. :) I really like the boat in the foreground of the shot- I did that deliberately, but I'm a little annoyed that its kinda ghostly. :) Do you think it kills the shot?

You could edit out the blur and make it sharp but it's rather involved I agree. I think it makes the shot for hobby level sharing like we do here but I think it wouldn't fly at a professional show. Just my opinion. You were trying to whittle it down so I picked on it for that reason. :D

BTW, my favorite "5 or 6" are 1, 2, 4, 5, 9, and 11

Personally I really like the shadow detail and texture in number 2.

Brian

It fascinates me that everyone likes 5. I won't explain why because I don't want to publicly crap all over my own image. :lol:

2 happens to be my personal favorite, hands down. I see Benthic likes it too. :)

Bi- I may play a bit with shapening the boat, just to see. I hate to ditch the shot as I think it's otherwise pretty cool, but I may have to surrender. Or go retake it. I think that would be the 4th time I've taken that shot. :) Practice makes perfect! :lol:

Thanks again for all the insights!

How do you post those photos on the thread. Please do tell. I can only seem to post links to flickr.

How do you post those photos on the thread. Please do tell. I can only seem to post links to flickr.

Post them up on another website somewhere (such as flickr), and then link to them with the yellow box (Insert Image) in the editor.

Hey, I forgot one... what do you guys think of this one as a possible?

helicopter beach.jpg

Most reactions

Back