Presentable?

Nothing you can say, except maybe tell dad the hat is casting shadows and he should take it off. Maybe creatively pose the kids so shirts logos are hidden. Other than that you have to deal.

You did what you could photographically, I think. I would have tried like hell to convince them that all the guys shouldn't be wearing graphic t shirts, and get the dad to take off his hat. The shirt of the kid in the middle does kind of blend in to the dad.

I only have those two posted for family shots, now that I'm done with the PP on that set. I don't like either of them, even before posting here for your comments I didn't like them. Just wanted to see if I was being too harsh on my own work.

I think at this point I'll finish up the rest of the set and call it a wash on the family shots. Approach mom about doing a re shoot for the family pose. Address attire and possible sedation of kids. lol.

It was important to her to get good family shots, and good shots of her with her boys. I saw her frustration towards the end as she really wanted good "family" shots and the kids were not cooperating. She has recently lost almost 180 lbs. and this would be her first photos since that weight loss in about 4 years, so it was important to her.

Sure we can say "how important was it to come dressed like that" but I'd rather not even go there or have anyone else go there if you don't mind. We all know it, but sometimes others don't.

Anyway, thanks for the words and advice, I'll update on whether or not they opt for a re shoot.

I would say if you were payed for this then you need to offer a reshoot at no charge. If you did it for free as a way to learn then give them the photos and learn your lesson and move on.

I would NOT bring up giving kids sedatives for family photos. But I would get someone to assist you who is good with kids that can help get their attention and get them to look at the camera.

I like the second one better only because the background isn't as distracting. In the first image, the background on the right is wrinkled and draws my eyes to there.

I would say if you were payed for this then you need to offer a reshoot at no charge. If you did it for free as a way to learn then give them the photos and learn your lesson and move on.

It was a paid shoot, so the reshoot would not be charged.

the sedative remark was purely sarcasm...lol, c'mon....

I like the second one better only because the background isn't as distracting. In the first image, the background on the right is wrinkled and draws my eyes to there.

Yeah, I gave it some PP blur to try to fix it, it looked like chit, then I tried to clone in from another shot, looked like chit, then I realized I am spending way too much time on a shot that's not being kept. lol.

Next time I'm going to lay out the backdrop the day before so the wrinkles can fall out since others can't seem to roll it up correctly when they finish using it.

Cute family... but seriously the T-shirts and baseball hat and such? I imagine it's "who they are", but come on... what a shame.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back