Pretty as a Butterfly - C&C welcome

Mazzarooney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just caught my daughter looking up at something in a tree, I like the pose not sure about the quality of the shot!

1148a.jpg

Thanks

To quote a particular photographer "The name of the game is to fill the frame". That close crop has done wonders to the image. The eyes are in focus, and that's essential too.

Being really picky, I may be inclined to say that the aperture may be a little wide, which is why the mouth and nose are a softer focus.

I really like the colours in the face painting too. Thats what makes the image pop. Well done :)

She is adorable. Most of the lines are crisp, and the color is nice. A smaller aperture would give you more sharp lines. My biggest comment though is that it's cropped really closely, and it feels tight. Also, the highlights in the eyes are beautiful and really draw in the viewer.

Camera: Sony A200
Shutter Speed: 1/80
Aperture: f/7.1
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 40mm

Nicely framed shot. Exposure looks good (maybe just a little underexposed). Could use a touch more contrast, saturation and sharpening.

The image looks very soft and I think it's due to either motion blur or camera shake. For the light condition you might want to try ISO 200 so that the shutter speed comes up a bit. A slightly wider aperture will allow you to raise the shutter speed even more. Tucking the elbows in tight to your body will help steady the camera when shooting.

Camera: Sony A200
Shutter Speed: 1/80
Aperture: f/7.1
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 40mm

Nicely framed shot. Exposure looks good (maybe just a little underexposed). Could use a touch more contrast, saturation and sharpening.

The image looks very soft and I think it's due to either motion blur or camera shake. For the light condition you might want to try ISO 200 so that the shutter speed comes up a bit. A slightly wider aperture will allow you to raise the shutter speed even more. Tucking the elbows in tight to your body will help steady the camera when shooting.

Thanks so much, your comments are really helpful, is there anything I can do on Photoshop to enhance the picture?

Thanks so much, your comments are really helpful, is there anything I can do on Photoshop to enhance the picture?
Make a copy of the image and experiment on the copy. Look here for some PP tips.

You could increase contrast a bit and then increase color saturation. Try sharpening it a little.

hope you dont mind since you're tagged that its ok to edit your photos. i just wanted to play around with it a little since there was a lot of color in it and this is what i came up with (cropped it a little as well):

butterfly.jpg

in lightroom i did auto tone and punch general filters, and a portrait sharpen. added a bit of fill light to brighten it up a bit more. auto tone and punch both upped the brightness and contrast a bit anyways, fill light just tweaked it a tad more. also cropped it inside of lightroom as well. took it into photoshop from there and did a quick unsharp mask to it (amount: 100%, radius: 1, threshold: 0).

im not much good at pp by the way. just did this for fun and to play around more so i myself can learn. :)

LOVE this shot!!!! I think her eyes are beautiful... I just played with the contrast a touch to bring out the eyes and added a vignette (yeah, I'm kinda obsessed with vignettes... I think they draw the eye in... personal pref)
Great job!

1148a.jpg

I like the softness through the cheeks which lends it a sweetness. The close cropping was brilliant.

Most reactions

Back