What's new

Pretty in Pink? : a portrait

thnks arch :)
 
Mansi, you don't forget to add a PS to your posts. C&C (which means "Cheers and Congratulations") are accepted.
And you deserve no other. Thanks for feasting our eyes.
 
This is a great shot. I can't see any thing you could have changed to make it better. It is a winner.
 
love this shot mansi...beautiful light and great composition. :D I love the rich tone of her skin but perhaps an extra half stop of light wouldn't hurt to brighten the face a bit. You were there tho...was her skin that dark?
as for your question...if you zoom in on the edge of the fingers you will see that a lot of the glow is caused by jpeg compression 'breakup' or whatever you call it.
Having said that I do know that I've seen the same thing on my own files from the 350D and even the 20d...it's something that happens at edges btw dark and light areas with a sharp transition. And it can be made worse with sharpening and contrast increases. As far as I know it is just one of the limitations of the camera's processing software.
Can't remember what it's referred to as, but there is info out there about it.
 
Just did a liitle look through my 350D manual...the default parameter settings (Parameter 1) are Sharpness, Contrast and Saturation all set to +1.
I would suggest setting it to parameter 2 - all settings at neutral (0). That way you can decide later in PS if you want to sharpen or increase contrast or saturation.
You also have the option to set custom parameters.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom