Pretty slow week

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
By my normal August standards Osprey action has come to almost a stand-still. Working with a few scientists to figure out exactly went wrong.. The speculation still leads to Great Horned Owls locally, but I've heard of reports that Osprey action is down along the entire CT river. Anyways, a few keepers from the week.. Thanks for looking and comments welcome..

Osprey 8_10 2 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

George Jr. Ambush 8_11 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey Incoming 8_12 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Juvenile Osprey 8_13 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Peregrine Falcon with prey 8_13 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey with Menhaden 1 8_16 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Beautiful set, particularly #4.

Wonderful set! Would love to hear more of you find out about the decrease.

Excellent as usual... I like #1

Great set, as usual!

Working with a few scientists to figure out exactly went wrong.. The speculation still leads to Great Horned Owls locally,
Since the federal government has been chasing barred owls out of their territory, (by killing some) maybe they have been relocating the GH owls as well. Ask your scientists about that.

Last edited:
Nice set as always!

Try to shoot some Horned Owls!

Beautiful set, particularly #4.
I love #1, love the details in it's mouth!
They are all great pictures, but to me I love #3 the most. Thanks for sharing.
Excellent as usual... I like #1
Great set, as usual!
Lovely set. Loved them all............
Thank you for sharing.
Jasii
Another great set, #1 is my fav
Thank you all!
Wonderful set! Would love to hear more of you find out about the decrease.
Well, I'm sure you will hear me bitchin' about it for the next month :( I'm not sure if we will get an answer, I'm hoping it doesn't happen again next year. Judging by the size of the class of 2013 there will be many extra Ospreys returning next year and trying to set up nests.. But I'm sure if we figure anything out I will post about it...
Since the federal government has been chasing barred owls out of their territory, (by killing some) maybe they have been relocating the GH owls as well. Ask your scientists about that.
I think the federal government is almost smart enough to realize that relocating one of the fiercest raptors with no natural enemies (besides humans) would not be beneficial to any part of the ecosystem unless there is an area over run with skunk

Nice set as always!
Try to shoot some Horned Owls!
Oh, I've never been a fan of fire arms and they are federally protected :p But if you would like to see some of the Great Horned Owls I have photographed.. Flickr - Photo Sharing There is a mix of wild, captive and the one I tried to save...

Most reactions

Back