Preview: 1st Photoshoot with a friend, C&C Please

Raian-san

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My friend wanted to do a shoot with her and her daughter but she was spending Father Day with her dad so we did a solo shoot. Next week we'll do a photo session with both her and her daughter. Only had 30 minutes to do a little edit since I gotta run to work. I would like C&C so I can do a better shoot next week, Thanks guys.

1)
5851097709_67279f81df_b.jpg

2)
5851647130_3df2837c06_b.jpg

3)
5851649582_32b439c9e3_b.jpg

4)
5851647878_bec219057d_b.jpg

In my non-professional opinion, they look nice. Although the hair coming up under her chin in the last one makes it look like she has a gash on her face.

In my non-professional opinion, they look nice. Although the hair coming up under her chin in the last one makes it look like she has a gash on her face.

I know! I didn't notice it earlier cause I was in a rush to give her a preview of how it turned out. I just saw it right now when I uploaded. I will fix it later when I get home. Thanks for the comment!

Nothing major really just some pointers:

- In the first image, watch for locked knees. This creates unwanted wrinkles (unwanted by the subject!)
- Sun splotches tend to be a bit distracting, if you can have a flag of some sort to stop the light it would be much better. Alternatively you could bring in some flash
- Watch for objects like small branches poking from behind a head like in the last one. Two steps to the right and it would have been avoided :)
- A really good rule of thumb is "If there are two of something, make sure they are different." Obvious exception being eyes. The final image in this series follows that rule very nicely. One shoulder is a bit higher than the other, one hand is up the other down. This is very good, the rest would improve greatly if you followed a similar mentality.

Cute series overall, I'm sure they'll be very happy next weekend with the results :)

#4 is my favorite, but it looks as if her hair curled up in front of her chin and it looks strange. Also in the lower left corner there is a bright spot? it's a little distracting. IMO #3 could use a tighter crop, the hat/glasses combo is dramatic but the composition is not. good job overall!

Very pretty subject. Couple of comments for you.

1. I think is very nice. Pretty subject.
2. You can kind of see up her skirt quite a bit. This was probably not intentional and probably not wanted. Keep an eye on stuff like that. Also, with the tree splitting her head in half it just isn't right looking.
3. Same tree probably again breaking up the lines of her body. The really bright spot on the right side needs to be toned down a little.
4. Nice pic. Fix the hair under her chin and maybe think about getting rid of the two leaves right on top of her head, or making her a crown of leaves =)

You did a fairly nice job overall and just paying a little more attention to the composition as you shoot you will be doing much better very soon!

Thanks for all the comments and tips. Yeah it was kind of hard to tell her what to do since it's my first time but towards the end I kind of gotten a bit in the zone if you call it that, like I would think of a pose and would tell her what to do and stuff. She was really great though since most of the shots it was just her just fooling around and move around and I would see and think of the pose that's nice. Will keep all of those in mind when I go on a shoot next time. Thanks again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back