I feel that 1.900 for a used D810 is not the best price you can find. A quick search through "sold items" on US eBay shows that 1600 seems to be a good price if you are ready to wait a while.
But: For half the price you can get a D600 which is nearly as good and you still have a lot of money left for lenses, new and used.
The trinity is nice but zooming is not for everyone and every situation. The 14-24 is very good but I did only use it as a 2.8/14, which does not exist in comparable quality as a prime. The optical quality of the pro zooms is phantastic and the AF speed generally better than most of the Nikkor primes.
It is thus not the optical Quality that made me buy prime lenses although they were more expensive. It is the fact that I am used to work with two bodies and two primes and my field of work is not in sports and action.
I was just on
eBay and saw some decent pricing. I was just concerned with buying one from
eBay and it not being an authorized dealer and later down the road it costing me a ton of money to repair (if needed). The used one I saw was from one of the supporting vendors on here (I can't remember which). I saw a brand new one on eBay for $2100. So if I was to go the eBay route I might as well spend the extra and get the new one unless a deal I can't pass up came across.
At the end of the day I may just stick with my original plan and get the 14-24mm and wait on the FF. Maybe come spring the prices will drop and I can find an even better deal but who knows
Sent from my iPad using
ThePhotoForum.com mobile app